3. Carnival Conquest
To start with embarkation was a little disorganized but did not take an excessive amount of time. We chose 1:00 to 1:30 arrival time which I recommend. They seem to stick to the schedule at this port. We were able to go straight to our cabins without purchasing FTTF. The Buffet was not crowded at this time either. My only complaint on the Conquest was that our steward was not as attentive as others we've had in the past. Usually we meet them right away and at least have a quick introduction chat. We had to call guest services for our needs the first day. We wanted to have the balcony dividers put down so that we could join our party of four cabins and they were not able to do so. Several calls later we were told it wasn't a possibility on our floor. I'd love to know if this is true or if they did not want to take the time. Later we had an issue in the bathroom that was quickly solved and we did get other things when we asked for them. I thought that both the food and entertainment on this ship were the best of all the Carnival ships we've been on. We did not do any specialty dining on this trip so that's saying a lot! The shows and activities were top notch and included plenty of variety. The new serenity deck is nice. We got to watch a sunset from there after leaving Half Moon Cay. We did private shore excursions since we were with a big group this time. The ports were all as scheduled which was nice. Grand Turk was our favorite. The tenders to Half Moon Cay take all morning. This was a surprise to me. We did not get tickets early thinking we were in no rush and would let the crowd out first. However the crowd was not done tendering until 12:30 pm. We didn't get a very long beach day because of that, but I should have done my homework on the tenders at this port. Get your tickets early! Disembarkation was the fastest I can remember. We carried our own luggage and our floor was called first. We walked right off the ship with no lines anywhere. Our group ranging from 14 to 50 in age had a great time. There is plenty to do and lots of room to spread out. I didn't see the congestion on this ship that I normally see. I don't know how that happened because we sailed right before Christmas and the sailing was sold out. The Conquest is a well maintained ship with enough of the upgrades to make us not miss being on a newer ship.

Relaxing Family Getaway

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by planmaker

planmaker’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8F 1111
Good location right by the spa. There are less cabins up here and not much noise. The balconies and room sizes were like any other floor. I like the 11th floor but prefer aft. If you use the doors by the glass elevators it takes you right to the deck chairs by the pool area. This was a great spot to watch the dive-in movies.
Spa Deck Balcony Cabins