3. Wilderness Discoverer
I chose this cruise as I "really" wanted to see Alaska. We arrived in Fairbanks on 8/13/17 to begin the land portion of this Uncruise trip. Uncruise outsources their land trips and I don't remember who the company was as I've thrown everything away and deleted everything from my email. Let me start by saying this entire trip including airfare from DFW for two was $22,000.00 which included trip insurance. Land trip--in a nutshell not worth the big bucks at all. The first day, 4 hour trip on the dome train, cold food followed by a 90 mile school bus ride to our lodge which took 7.5 hours in Denali Park. The bus stopped for every animal sighting where you needed high powered binoculars to see them and they were about 1 inch tall. The food at Kantishna Lodge where we stayed was horrible. Many people complained. It was cold, rainy the entire time and forget about seeing Denali. We hired a plane to fly us back to the train station. The rest of the land trip went downhill from there. Terrible food everywhere. When it's raining, nothing is pretty. Boarded Wilderness Explorer in Juneau and as usual raining. I think we were in room 325--right before you go out the back of the boat. Room smelled like urine. Employee said not much can be done about it. Room was what I expected. Food was horrible again I'm not the only one complaining. Crew was nice. If you like to kayak in the cold rain, this trip is for you. The best part of the trip was seeing whales and Aurora Borealis. Again for what this trip cost--forget about it! Large cruise ships can enter Glacier Bay for 24 hrs--only 2 allowed in per day--go on the big one. Only thing you won't be able to do is sit for a long time looking at the whales. One lady was a photographer on the trip and totally disappointed. If I ever go back to Alaska, which I won't, I would rent a car and have private small planes fly me into places for several hours. That is what we saw in Glacier Bay. Not necessary to spend 24 hours there. Again, for what this trip cost, in my opinion, not worth it at all!!!!

I won't take much of your time

Wilderness Discoverer Cruise Review by tennisdeb1

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Alaska

Again, for what this trip cost, in my opinion, not worth it at all!!!!
tennisdeb1’s Full Rating Summary
Get UnCruise Wilderness Discoverer price drops

Adequate, smelled like piss. Went up to see the "big suite" that these people from CA payed really big bucks for and still garbage.