3. Azamara Journey
I have cruised on much larger ships and one comparable luxury small ship and Azamara does a fine job, stem to stern. Their focus is on the guest always, doing their best to keep people happy and feel valued. At the end of our Azmazing evening in Bangkok, we returned to the ship by bus to a 7 piece band, heralding our return along with cold towels and beverages. Eric De Gray, the entertainment director, is multi-talented, extending himself personally as well as professionally 24/7. Considering the size of the ship, he magnifies the capabilities of his staff to entertain his guests. I did not avail myself of the specialty restaurants, finding no need. I enjoy lamb and since it was available at the included venues, I was fine. We were treated to lobster tails on our White Night, so another favorite was satisfied. The cabin was a bit smaller to share than other lines but not unworkable by any means. The bedside charger was quite handy. The staff service was excellent overall with a few exceptions, as is usually the case. Night -before -arrival luggage was dispatched with amazing speed. Organization in moving and transporting guests on and off, between venues, etc. was smooth, never feeling rushed or lagging. One of my favorite elements was the availability of iPad/iPhone classes. I learned so much, making it time well spent and a true bargain. Sea days are not usually my long suit but this made all the difference. Marcio is a delight, an excellent instructor and a good sport. Two obversations.... I was very impressed with how swift the elevator service was, short wait and not crowded. On the downside, I was disappointed that toilets had to be sought out on some public floors.

This cruise line earns their kudos

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by BarbaraJo

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Club Veranda Stateroom

BBMacLaird, CBO - Azamara Club Cruises has responded
Hi BarbaraJo, thank you for submitting a cruise review for us! I was on the same voyage as you, Singapore-Hong Kong, and I regret not meeting you in person. I took one of Marcio's iPhone classes, the last on on photography. I wish I had taken all of them! I learned so much in the one class. Perhaps we met in that class?
BarbaraJo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azamara Journey price drops

Club Veranda Stateroom
Cabin V1 7036
Not sure what category veranda, but a bit small for two, but workable.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins