Island Princess Cruise Review

Island Princess Cruise Review by oldmandick

• Sail Date: Sep 2017
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview

I chose this to get away. My embarking in San Pedro was very easy. My habit on cruises is going to the "international café" for morning coffee. After several mornings I met some very lively people who turned out to be CC members. Some were in the Pop Choir with me. They soon asked me how many cruises I have been on. I was told about CC as I hadn't heard about the group. They urged me to join which I doing. I am sailing aboard the Pacific Princess in January. I was aboard the Pacific Princess in 2016 LA to Sydney. I like the small ships as it easier to get around. The newer Regal and the Royal are far bigger than the earlier ones. The Island P. is somewhat confusing and it took me several days to make my way around the ship. The gym was very well equipped, but it was hidden away below decks with no ocean view unlike the others I've worked out in. The cabin was good with a big window. My attendant was one of best I have ever had. The food choices were more than I could enjoy and I was able have cuisine from many regions The tours that I took were very good especially to the Guatemala coffee plantation. Unfortunately other tours were canceled due to the heavy rains and flooding we ran into.

I now have a certificate saying I transited the Panama Canal Ta Da!

oldmandick's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview

A very nice cabin with a large window. Lots of room for me.

very roomy

Huatulco

I walked ashore to the small village and beach shopping.I made it back to the ship just before the deluge hit as I watched many passengers get soaked.

oldmandick