• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Finnmarken Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

Superb experience, unlike a cruise ship

Review for Finnmarken to the Arctic
ACTcruiser
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2017
Cabin:

I chose this cruise to experience the Arctic, see the Northern Lights and re-visit some Norwegian Fjords in the winter. My expectations were exceeded in most respects especially that of the ship. The NL were special and spectacular albeit not as colourful as the marketing suggests. Wonderful to witness and experience first hand on many nights of the trip.

My cabin (321) was blissfully quiet and comfortable. Spotlessly clean with an efficient en suite shower/toilet ensuring hot showers, delicious cold drinking water on tap and restful sleep. The gentle hitting of the waves on the bow below my cabin ensured that I felt being at sea. I had thought I'd need a balcony suite to ensure getting fresh air, however my cabin air-conditioning was perfectly adjustable and the air not so dry as to cause chest problems.

The balcony suites forward on Deck 6 are spacious with a large picture window and a glass door to a large balcony. Very much worth the upgrade on board if they are available!

Cabin O2