3. Celebrity Equinox
We chose Celebrity due to the dates, reputation and price. We were a little disappointed with our experience. Dining- You see, you had to pay extra in the 'special restaurants' to have the really good food. I ordered the same. exact. appetizer. in both general restaurant and in the specialty, ad the difference was almost too great to be believed! Call me silly, but I'd rather not have the option for a 'specialty restaurant' and have a higher grade of food for the prices we paid. Cabin-We had the concierge class balcony room, thinking there were going to be so many upgrades and perks. Afternoon canapés? yes! However, when one half of a deviled egg is served for two people, you have to laugh. Entertainment and activities-if you memorize what is happening, and where, you were ok. I did not prefer to stand around the foyers for activities, so that deleted more of the anticipated ones. I wish the ship would have had a tiered "theater-like" setting: stage in front, layers of tables/chairs so that you could have beverages, watch the crowd activities / game shows, etc. I attended the wine tasting [for an extra fee, of course] and was HUGELY disappointed. There was almost no structure....just people standing at different posts in a cramped environment, and everyone was given a paper [but no instruction on how to judge/what to look for] and an hour's time to 'drink all you can'. Useless when you've paid for a drink plan! All I kept thinking was "they need a teacher to set this up....there'd be visuals, instruction, an organized traffic flow for people to move, and a consistent evaluation process". Service-our cabin steward was wonderful. The wait staff in the specialty restaurants were amazing. The wait staff in the dining room were pretty good/what was expected. The wait staff in the bars were hit and miss. World Bar? very good. Martini bar? good. Pool bar? horrid. They never smiled, claimed not to know how to make things, took forever and were generally cranky. I've never had pina coladas with the ratio of ice to fluid like I've had on this cruise. I look at it as diet drinks; they helped cut the calories with so much ice! ship- the ship's decor was sleek and beautiful. The nightclub was a little weird to me, but it felt like they were trying too hard to be hip. The shops were nicely stocked with a variety of goods which were changed throughout the cruise. The casino was fun, with a few penny slots that were current in style [bridesmaids, the hangover]. The solarium was where I was blown away: enclosed pool area with better loungers, quiet music, easy entry stairs to pool, no kids. The spa was overrated. I got the hot stone massage..which was good....but there was no pampering before or after. Walked directly to treatment room, treated, then escorted to stairs/elevator. No hanging in a post or pre treatment area like on other cruise lines. Excursions/ports-were fine. Did not take on in San Juan, bought a tour from the locals at St. Thomas, and cruise sponsored one in St. Kitts. All were acceptable. One hiccup-while on the cruise we received a phone call from home stating that there was a family member who became quite ill. We wanted to try to get an earlier flight home at the end of the cruise. When my husband went to the guest relations desk, they told him they couldn't help him. We booked our flights through Celebrity, and expected a little more 'relations' than this! I mentioned this to the concierge while we were waiting to disembark, and he made a call so that the person in charge at the desk could help us. We went back, she obliged, and then the American Airlines employee quickly hung up on us. Fail. Luckily, our family member seems to be bouncing back a bit, so we'll just move on. We've decided to go back to Princess, because I think they are a better experience than Celebrity. Better communication prior to cruise, easier to navigate website, cleaner assistance when needed, and the activities/communication on board were easier to find and join. [I've cruised with a greek line once, Princess three times, and now Celebrity once].

Loved the Solarium

Artsy657’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Concierge Class
Cabin C1 1025
Felt a little tight; bed was weirdly rounded on corners......which made for a shorter bed. My 6'5" husband's feet hung off! Deck was lovely, night lighting in bathroom was fabulous.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins