• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Suze on the ocean
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2017
Cabin:

I have only positives to report on this wonderful cruise. The ship, itinerary, crew, expedition team, food, and other passengers all exceeded my expectations. If I could turn around and do it again immediately, I would.

Hurtigruten arranged my flights. I arrived in Santiago for an included hotel night. My paid airport transfer and hotel check-in were easy. The hotel (Santiago Sheraton) was comfortable and I enjoyed a nice meal. Early morning buses to the airport and flights to Punta Arenas were uneventful. We were given a tour around parts of Punta Arenas and then transferred to the Midnatsol. I had read that this can be chaotic, but it was entirely smooth and fast.

Because of deteriorating weather, we weren't able to do Zodiac touring in the Chilean fjords. Instead we made our way to Antarctica, where the weather was fantastic. The Drake Passage was nauseating (there where hurricane force winds), but I was able to see wandering albatrosses following the ship, so I was content.

My cabin was small but comfortable and clean. On Deck 6, it looked out over the Promenade through a large window. The bathroom floor is heated. The beds are small but comfortable. I had adequate storage space, though someone packing more heavily might need to be creative.

6 Helpful Votes