3. Prinsendam
The ship is showing its age. A total power outage occurred briefly followed by a longer partial power outage.. Never did find out what caused this. Although old the ship is well maintained in the areas we could see. The seas were never very rough, but the ship really seemed to just glide through the water. We had a Signature Suite and I was impress with the amount of room we had. Service was outstanding though out the ship. I enjoyed most of the food served. Entertainment on the ship is so-so. Some lectures were good (McClelland) others so-so and one Lecturer was terrible (Ming). Some of the lectures (Incas, Myans and Aztecs) had nothing to do with the region we were visiting, which I found to be strange. Best part of the cruise for me was visiting indigenous villages along the Amazon. Glad I went on this cruise because the size of the Amazon is truly impressive, but if you are looking for scenic views, forget it. The land is flat and not picturesque.

Amazing Amazon Cruise

Prinsendam Cruise Review by sworksjr

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Signature Suite with Verandah

Service was outstanding though out the ship. I enjoyed most of the food served.

sworksjr’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Prinsendam price drops

Signature Suite with Verandah
Cabin SS 026
Very spacious cabin and good size balcony.
Verandah Deck Suite Cabins

• Photography Tour
    I liked this tour because it took us to several scenic spots. We were never rushed at any of the stops so we could take as many pictures as we wanted. At the stops we were not hassled by local vendors as these were not touristy sites.
    View All 11 Photography Tour Reviews
  • Manaus
    Got to see the meeting of the waters, a floating village, have lunch on a floating restaurant, see large lily pads, swim with the pink dolphins, and visit an indigenous village. A lot more activities and cost less than any ship tour.
    View All 12,995 Manaus Cruise Port Reviews