• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Nov 2017
Cabin:
a view from my balcony

An excellent cruise and a very nice cruise ship. This was a three week, all-inclusive cruise with six days of shore excursions. There was entertainment every evening and lectures given by the guides throughout the day. The rooms are spacious and many have a balcony. Each room has a safe and refrigerator. There is also laundry service either using the ship's or the free washers and dryers on deck 5.

The shore excursions were reasonably priced and some last all day. We were not disappointed in any we selected. Some tours are history based and others are to see the various penguins.

The cruise included a parka and backpack for you to keep and both are very good. They suggested various clothes to purchase and I found them all necessary. The wind can be very cold when you are riding the zodiac from the ship to the shore. I needed the two layers of thermal underwear for my legs more than my top. The parka provided kept me warm. You do need to cover your face and neck to prevent from wind burn. The snow can be quite blinding so eye protections is a must. I rented the boots and my feet never was cold. I also rented the hiking poles.

9 Helpful Votes