3. Disney Dream
HaIm writing this review very far after this cruise’s date, but I loved this cruise just for the record. (Also I came here for my great aunt’s birthday). First of course is boarding, which is usually always a hassle. But all the staff was so nice and made it feel like we all weren’t in a rush, and we shouldn’t be stressed. They were right too, they even carried our bags to our room while we were in line. The lines were long, but it didn’t seem long because of the staff. Boarding the ship was quick and easy, and once I was on the ship I was excited, because that was my first cruise. I honestly didn’t like cruising back then, so before I boarded, I was kinda like “I hate cruises, don’t make me go!” But once I saw that beautiful, decorated terminal, I was done; I was already hooked to this cruise line. I saw some cruise vlogs, and a lot of the terminals were discusting, dirty, and bland. So I boarded the ship, and the staff was spectacular! The ship was beautiful and for sure first class, the food was delicious, and best of all - it was free. This wasn’t an ordinary trip to McDonald’s meal, this was a magnificent gourmet 5 star meals (usually dinner and breakfast, lunch is usually by the pool and has all the greasy things, but even then it absolutely stunning food) I loved watching the kids play in the nemo’s reef, and in the mickey pool, it was actually entertaining to see kids so happy, I usually see them crying, but here they were all happy and having an amazing time. Our first stop was at Nassau, so first we went to the famous Pirate’s Museum, and once we exited, we went with a tour guide in a van, and everyone got private vans. I was anxious to see the beach, considering how beautiful the water color is in the Bahamas, it seemed like forever until I got there. Once I got there, the temperature was so relaxing, and it was October. Then I saw a show named Villains Tonight! Onboard the ship, it was very fun to watch! In fact I ended up watching it twice, and then I went to the top to try out the games in the Arr-cade, a pirate themed arcade on the ship. We arrived at Castaway Cay early in the morning, almost no one was awake (we also arrived at Nassau early, and docked back at home really early too.) Once we woke, we got our delicious breakfast and went off the ship, the island was beautiful and nicely decorated. All the activities were so cool, the waterslides were my favorite, and the beach was so relaxing, theres also a specific beach for kids if the parents want to escape all the screams and excitement. The island was fun, and for sure Disney cruise line stands out much more than other lines. A big plus - other than the Disney Dream crash in September, it has had far lass incidents than most of it’s competition. The engine fires, running a ship aground, all that bad stuff.

Writing this a bit late..

Disney Dream Cruise Review by AxelCruiser

• Sail Date: October 2013
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
AxelCruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Dream price drops

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 04D 6042
The cabin was beautiful, and I loved the fact the bathrooms were separated.. one with a shower and sink, the other with a toilet and sink. Every night we would see our room set up while we were gone doing activites, and there would be a surprise orgami towel with chocolates, and every night there was an extra prize different for all. The room as also very clean but small. Fortunately, it had a very convenient way of saving space. I also liked how the safety video was playing once we entered for the first time, it shows how much Disney Cruise Line cares about your safety, and their muster drill was handled very seriously.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Castaway Cay
    I was terrfied to do this, but I made myself do it because my family was going. I ended ul loving it, and I saw this rock that apparently grows 3 inches every year, and I saw fire coral, and the girl driving the boat told us what it did. It scared me since she said the burn didnt even get cured with alcohol. So I always to this day keep an eye peeled for fire coral, but other than that this was a very exciting excursion!
    View All 13,924 Castaway Cay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Castaway Cay Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    My family and I took an island tour. Our tour guide was very friendly and well aware of the time and what time we wanted to be on the ship by. He took us to shops since we had asked him for souvenirs, I ended up buying a T-shirt and to this day, it’s still my favorite shirt.
    View All 310 Island Tour Reviews