3. Carnival Ecstasy
We had a group of 17 - 8 adults and 9 kids, (cousins) ranging from 7-22, trying something new for that lazy week off between Christmas and NYE. We are all east coasters with ties to Charleston. The timing and location of this cruise were why we picked it. The group had several 1st time cruisers (myself not included) so we veterans thought this would be a good initiation to cruising. This review is based on my opinions only. I'm trying not to let my companions' opinions influence my judgement. We had 4 families. 4 couples in their 40's and 50's. The kids all get along very well and love to hang out together. That alone made this cruise worth every penny. Our kids (12 and 13) had a blast with all of their cousins and the adults could relax knowing that they couldn't stray far. Wife and I have been on about a dozen cruises, mostly on RCI and Carnival. This ship's ups are it's downs; it's small, old, and a little bit charming. It has very few bells and whistles and will likely be retired soon. It's lack of the modern activities and size means a lot of hanging out together and cruising in a more manageable space. It won't take long to meet up with a familiar face. More details to follow if you have nothing better to do...all in all, I'd do it again, and would recommend this to others considering a family get together or reunion-type cruise.

It is what it is what it is

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by barmanatsea

Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6E M-90
Age of this ship actually made for some big plusses. The room may have been dated, but I've stayed in a few cabins of the same class and this was probably my favorite. The bathroom was super roomy and the shower was like something you would have at home. There was a ton of storage; that's always a major bonus. Steward was on it and I felt like the fixtures and such were really functional.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Blue Lagoon Island Beach
    Process at the beginning (getting wristbands, heading to the ferry, etc.) was a s%it show but the excursion worked well for us. 25 minute ferry ride (more informative than you'd imagine) followed by the kids having a blast on the inflatables (worth the $16 per) means a good day at the beach. The food ain't so hot; the beer' not cheap (cash only), but a day in the sun is a day in the sun. Don;t come here to snorkel. It's a day on a nice beach with very little fuss. Worth it in my book
    View All 258 Blue Lagoon Island Beach Reviews