3. Costa Deliziosa
Costa Deliziosa – My wife and I just got back from a TA (20 days) on the Deliziosa leaving from Rome and ending in Ft. Lauderdale and let me say from the beginning that all the negative reviews of Costa and this ship in particular proved false. The embark was fast and very efficient. We were in our room (BC Balcony) with our bags, in less than 20 minutes. I had booked a few things through MyCosta before the trip,(excursions, wine, etc.) and that part did not work seamlessly. The items showed up on their ship board computer, but the various departments never received the requests. I would probably not do that again. ALSO, it pays to go to the front desk and get a itemized printout of your charges at least three times during the cruise. Service on board was great and efficient. I read all the reviews I could find about the Deliziosa and their TAs in general and here are some of the things that have changed. The common restrooms were all very clean and well stocked. The nightly shows were very good and we only missed one or two. Yes, the main language onboard was Italian, but then the 2nd was usually English. A daily Ship Events paper was in English and the menus were in English as well. We ate most of our meals in the main dining room on deck two, but also tried the buffet a few times. Dining at the buffet was like WalMart on Black Friday. This was not Costa’s fault but our fellow passengers. We met other passengers that had been on other Costa cruises; some as many as 11 times. We asked them what had changed and most said was the details. Things seemed worn and dirty, like where you would put your hand on an upholstered chair. Most guests were charged for water, but US guests were not. German travel companies from what we heard had sued Costa about their automatic tipping policy and won. Therefore, the Germans tip on service and are not automatically charged. We did not purchase a drink package but drank daily Things that did help: we took a multi plug with a surge protector (there was only 1 plug in the room!), we took stick-on wall hangers that worked great to hanging coats, pants & etc. We have trouble with cramping if we are walking a lot, so we took packets of G2 (they make up a 20 oz. btl.) Very nice to have along. We took advantage of having breakfast in our room for only $5 svc chg.

Don't believe the negative reviews

Costa Deliziosa Cruise Review by utteraft