Silver Whisper Review

Explain to me how to cruise, and why?

Review for the Caribbean Cruise on Silver Whisper
Darndt
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2017
Cabin: Silver Suite

Even though we had a nice Silver Suite 728, there was loud banging in the middle of the night that woke me several times. I guess our suite was next to a noisy location.

Small bed, they said it was a queen but it’s the smallest queen bed I’ve ever seen. Food was mediocre at best. I found plastic shards in my burger, that they had the nerve to call a Waygu Beef Burger. My last morning I ordered eggs Benedict, as expected, yolk was solid and inedible. My wife took a bath and tub leaked all over the carpet in dressing room ( required two maintenance workers several hours to fix, but carpet was wet.) We weren’t able to eat in La Terazza or the Expensive place because reservations should of been made before the cruise left Ft. Lauderdale. My Butler told us that the good restaurants were booked solid. How am I supposed to know this? My bad. Port of Key West was a tourist trap and depressing(except for the roosters, roaming freely, it was the highlight of the cruise.). My wife’s room card needed to be replaced twice, as it wouldn’t open Suite, one of the girls at reception mentioned it might be because the cell phone screws up the key card? Really? Nice job making us feel like it was our fault. We supposedly had Premium WiFi but it was spotty at best. I guess 50 miles off Florida you’re in the Bermuda Triangle where TV or Internet is nonexistent. Couldn’t even watch Sunday Football!!! Silversea, here’s a word for you...TECHNOLOGY! Get with it. Our Butler was great and helped us stock the fridge and serve meals. Also did our laundry which was excellent. The life boat drill was a joke...they were so busy squeezing us into a small part of the decking, no one ever explained how to use the life vest!! Glad there wasn’t an emergency because this didn’t make me feel safe. The wine served was below average wine but you could purchase great expensive wine but I was so food sick, drinking was not a priority. Then we get off the ship and find out another cruise ship had to turn around and return to port because of food poisoning. Hmmmm...if you decide to go on this cruise please take my advice and bring Pepto and Tums....Imodium might also be a good idea. I’ve lived and eaten in NYC for over 30 years and I’ve never felt as low as the Hostess at La Terazza made me feel when she said, “we are totally booked and there is a Very very long waiting list also”. But she said she’ll try and let us know by phoning our Suite. Yes! We got a phone call in our suite! No they could not seat us at all....explain to me why I would ever go through this again? If you can’t seat 2 people for dinner at 8-9 pm, you are in the wrong business.!

Silver Suite

Cabin SL

Cabin ok, largest room I’ve ever had on a ship, I wish the food was better as I was ill from the low quality.

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Silver Whisper Cruise from $3,200

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.