3. Island Princess
We chose this cruise because of its passage through the Panama Canal and other port stops. We have had positive experiences with Princess; however, the beginning was not good on this cruise. For some reason the ship which had been in dry dock was not able to be in port on time so we were put up in what I call "Bates Motel" in a section of town where Uber drivers don't go at night. It was filthy! Others were going to $300 a night on the beach places. Why? Well we did not book with Princess. We have always booked with an agency which gives us a lot of extras including quite a big amount of on board spending. We were punished because we did not book with Princess.I can think of no other reason we were treated like this. We usually book with independent excursions depending on the amount of people who are going. We do not exclude Princess excursions but find that a small number of people in a van is much better that 50 people on a bus. As far as other things about the ship, it met Princess's quality. The food was exceptional and was the best we have had on any Princess cruise; the captain was everywhere....we seldom see the captain on other Princess cruises. We miss the International Cafe! The cabin was clean and the employees were great. We had a mini suite which met our expectations. The mattresses on the bed were new...a little too soft for us, but they were clean. You cannot please everyone. Our steward was the best and was very helpful with my husband's disability. The staff on board were some of the best we have encountered. This was our 15th cruise and will put us in the Elite category. The entertainment was good and there was a variety of activities. My husband has a medical problem which prevented us from going to many of the activities but the shows and Movies Under the Stars were relaxing and entertaining. We used Uber for disembarkation.....have had bad experiences with the Princess buses to airports. My husband who uses oxygen was in no condition to go from bus to bus as we had to do in Hamburg on a previous cruise. The Uber was prompt and no waiting! This is the most negative review I have ever given Princess, but we should have never spent the night in such a dangerous, dirty motel.

Our 15th cruise with Princess and initial treatment was not up to par.

Island Princess Cruise Review by Nana & Pips

Nana & Pips’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD D 726
Beds had new mattresses and room was clean except couch needed cleaning. Steward kept everything well. He was always where we could contact him if necessary. The sheets were so comfortable and I know he changed them at least twice if not more. The pillow cases were changed more often than that. We can't say enough about Ramon!
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins