3. Grandeur of the Seas
We choose this cruise for 3 reasons: Itinerary, Price and to try sailing out of Baltimore. I certainly can't complain about the 1st two. St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Maarten were our ports and while St. Thomas and St. Maarten are still recovering and will be for some time from Hurricane Irma, we still enjoyed all the ports and are glad our tourist $'s are getting back to those islands. The price and perks we got were amazing. We enjoy longer cruises (10 plus nights) and we have sailed out of New Jersey several times because we can drive, there, Baltimore is a little further, but still only about a 10-11 hr drive. The port itself is nothing much, but since the ship is so small, they aren't dealing with the volume of passengers that they do in Bayonne. We stayed in a hotel that provided a shuttle both ways and parking for the cruise and that worked very good. Now for the ship.......well.....this is the smallest I have been on and despite 8 previous cruises with no sea sickness, this ship was far too small for me and having a OV cabin on deck 2 forward certainly did not help. The 1st two sea days weren't great, I started feeling better when I could be out in the fresh air more. The end of the cruise also did not end well with me (despite washing my hands many MANY times a day and constantly using their sanitizer) getting the Norovirus. We knew the previous cruise had it so we were careful, though not careful enough obviously. Luckily it is a short lived sickness, but certainly didn't help to give me a good experience. The crew were relatively friendly, though we did find our dining staff to be super some days and less than enthusiastic others. Food was good overall, no real complaints there. My husband would likely do this cruise again, but I don't think I would join him.

Norovirus Cruise

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by MillbrookMom

MillbrookMom’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Cabin 2024
Overall I liked our cabin. Decent storage, plenty of room for 2. Only real complaints were, it was too close to the water for me and I couldn't look outside without feeling sea sick, there is no fridge for keeping out 2 bottles of wine cold, and you cannot fit your luggage under the bed like every other ship we have been on.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans