3. Disney Magic
I chose this cruise because I am looking for a new cruiseline to sail. Having cruised over 800 cruise nights on my previous cruise line I was ready for something better. From He moment I arrived at the port it was quick and orgainized. After checking in I had to wait for my boarding number to be called. That wait was awesome between the Characters and the very pleasant port agents, it was no time before we boarded. Upon boarding we were welcomed by an announcement of our name. We went to Luminars to sign up for Palo whIch is a must and mixology whIch was amazing. When we went to lunch they took our carry ons and brought them To our table for us. The food was amazing I felt like I was in a speciality restaurant. After lunch we went to our beautifully designed cabin. No detail was over looked. As far as entertainment Disney is number one in the entertainment industry so need I say more. Top notch entertainment all over the ship. More fun activities than anyone could ever do. A lot of first run movies in the Buena Vista theater, they even released the new Star Wars movie 1 hour before it was released on land. Of course they can have first run movies, they own the movies. Our dining service was exceptional to the point we asked for the same team for the ;ext cruise.I did B2B. Luminars was extremely elegant and the food was just as awesome, Animators Palate was by far my favorite because of the way animation starts out as black and white and by dessert the animation turns to color, the service team leaves so that the guests can see the show going on all around the room. At the end of the show the service team comes back out to finish the show their black and white vests are now in color. Palo’s Brunch is a must. Just an amazing brunch. They service gets even better if you can imagine that in Palos. A very under utilized beautiful place on the ship is Keys. Most people don’t explore the ship enough to find it. It is the extremely elegant Piano Bar in the After hours adult section of the ship, it is all the way forward on Deck 3. They truly have hand crafted speciality drinks that they put the finish touches on them tableside from a beautiful cart that is brought to the table. I would suggest everyone give Keys a try. Just an awesome cozy place to enjoy a drink and listen to amazing piano players. Again Disney being number 1 in the entertainment business they only have the best entertainment. If you are traveling with kids and would like a before dinner drink the Promenade Lounge is on 3 between 2 dining rooms. They have a band and dance floor. It is so cute to see the little ones dancing on the dance floor. They also have a toddler play area in the corner it has a swinging door and is closed in with short walls so people can watch the little ones play. Sail away and the tropical deck parties were both amazing. Pirate night only Disney can do a celebration in this fashion. Between the two seatings there is a Pirate Party on Deck 9 and only on Disney fireworks at sea, I had a great view on Deck 10 starboard side Aft. Service throughout the ship is truly the best in the industry. Disney is clearly a luxury cruise line with a family feel. CastAway Cay is truly the best private island in the industry. They have so many activities for children and adults. They adult only Beach is just beautiful. In the family beach area they have a bar called Conched Out bar. What is so amazing about this is it is not a hut on the sand which they load up from the ship before the guests get there like on competitors private island. No this is a building that can be closed up when not in use. There are coolers that can be locked, sinks, prep areas, tile floor complete with drains. Disney spared no expense on this private island. People say and I was one of them, Disney Cruises are to expensive and their are to many children. As far as expense you get what you pay for and then some. As far as the children for one they are more well behaved than children are on other lines. Parents are more attentive to their children. After all this is not the cruiseline where parents sit at a bar and let their kids run the ship. Parents want to share this amazing experience with their children. When they want some adult time the kids go to the kids club. The kids club is the best. I wanted to go play in the kids club. By the end of the first day I was asking myself why didn’t I start sailing Disney in 1998. As far as the kids the first day I was very aware of them. By the second day I was actually enjoying seeing the magic of Disney through their eyes. I did see some melt downs which is to be expected because they children get so excited and stimulated so melt downs do happen too. What I saw was Cast Members go to those children very quickly to attend to them. One little girl was dressed as a princess and she wanted her dad to walk her down the stairs like Prince Charming. He wasn’t getting it. After about four times of her not wanting to come down the stairs, a cast member came over took her hand like a prince and walked her down the stairs. She was fine after that. Again entertainment and service was top notch. Something that was so much fun was to go see Santa. Families dressed in Pajamas to get their pictures taken with Santa. As a grownup I put on my Minnie Mouse bow flannel Pajamas, Minnie Mouse Bow headband and Minnie Mouse over sized shoe slippers and walked through the whole ship to go stand in line to see Santa. Santa spent as much time with me as he did the kids. One more thing to note. They provide very high quality soap shampoo and conditioner and lotion daily, best shampoo I have used in a long time. The water is also the best in the industry. My hair never looked better. As far as drinking water it is very purified more than any other line IMO. Normally drinking ship water my hands and feet swell. Not on Disney. Also on the other cruiseline I sailed I had to bring an air purifier. I walked into my room and the air was so fresh and crisp like purified hospital air, I just can’t say enough about how wonderful Disney Cruiseline is. If it’s a luxury cruise line you are looking there is a reason why Disney Cruiseline with 4 ships is number 1 in the industry. Be ready to be spoiled in a way no other cruiseline can do.

Luxury at its best

Disney Magic Cruise Review by montecarlo0407

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

montecarlo0407’s Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 06A 7411
The cabin was spotless very well kept and very beautiful. The decor was true Disney fashion, There was a split bathroom. One bathroom had a sink and a toilet and storage shelf. The other bathroom had a bathtub and a sink.
The room had plenty of storage space lots of closet and drawer space. The couch area could be closed off by the privacy curtain and the lights in that side of the room could be turned off. The back of the couch dropped down to reveal a twin sized bed, Beautiful wood work details throughout and a beveled mirror on the vanity. On other cruise lines I have to bring an air purifier. Not here the air was fresh clean and crisp like Hospital air.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins