• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2017
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
bed bug bites from Navigator of the Seas
Here is our bed after staff finally came to inspect and confirmed that ther
bed bug bites from Navigator of the Seas

I'm giving this cruise 2 stars solely because the staff was very friendly, the excursions were exciting, and we had an enjoyable time overall. However, on my final night, I finally realized the many many bug bites I had were not from mosquitoes or from being outside – our room had bed bugs.

As you can imagine, this was deeply troubling, as I had expected a certain level of cleanliness and precaution on the part of Royal Caribbean. We were already disappointed when we first arrived and found the sheets both for the bed and the pull-out with several stains, and even when we had the room made up, the same stained sheets were left on.

I alerted guest services that I suspected bed bugs, and the man at the desk seemed in no hurry to help and never once apologized for the situation. No one once took ownership of the situation or offered any sort of compensation or solution to our huge inconvenience and frankly disgusting situation. Even as I watched them strip the bed, photograph the bugs, and put everything in plastic bags, no one once thanked me for alerting them to bugs or seemed to think this was an unusual thing. We were moved rooms not for our own safety and comfort but “because they had to clean it before the next passengers came.” We were made to pack our belongings in a hurry and moved to a smaller room with no balcony and no second bed option at 3:30 am – it was understandably the only room available on a full ship, but was not what we had paid for and obviously, not the way we wanted to end our trip.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony