3. Navigator of the Seas
I'm giving this cruise 2 stars solely because the staff was very friendly, the excursions were exciting, and we had an enjoyable time overall. However, on my final night, I finally realized the many many bug bites I had were not from mosquitoes or from being outside – our room had bed bugs. As you can imagine, this was deeply troubling, as I had expected a certain level of cleanliness and precaution on the part of Royal Caribbean. We were already disappointed when we first arrived and found the sheets both for the bed and the pull-out with several stains, and even when we had the room made up, the same stained sheets were left on. I alerted guest services that I suspected bed bugs, and the man at the desk seemed in no hurry to help and never once apologized for the situation. No one once took ownership of the situation or offered any sort of compensation or solution to our huge inconvenience and frankly disgusting situation. Even as I watched them strip the bed, photograph the bugs, and put everything in plastic bags, no one once thanked me for alerting them to bugs or seemed to think this was an unusual thing. We were moved rooms not for our own safety and comfort but “because they had to clean it before the next passengers came.” We were made to pack our belongings in a hurry and moved to a smaller room with no balcony and no second bed option at 3:30 am – it was understandably the only room available on a full ship, but was not what we had paid for and obviously, not the way we wanted to end our trip. After our experience the last night, a cruise that saved up for and looked forward to for years will now be remembered as the bed bug trip. Not to mention the hassle we had when we got home of disinfecting our clothes, luggage, and precious souvenirs. I am still so uncomfortable and itchy, and disgusted at the thought of having slept there for so long, I feel like crawling out of my own skin. Worst of all, I have e-mailed Royal Caribbean twice and they haven't even had the decency to respond. Their apathy toward this whole experience is crazy to me, and not what I expected from their customer service either. I'm very disappointed with Royal Caribbean, and caution anyone looking to go on a cruise to think twice, and if you do go with Royal Caribbean, check your bed first!!

Bed Bug Infestation

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by lchambers27

lchambers27’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Bed bugs!!
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Snorkeling
    The champagne "fun" snorkel was our favorite excursion of the trip! The family that took us out was so kind and generous, and they took us to the best snorkeling spots on the island. Equipment was provided and a guide was available to follow in the water, or you could go on your own. They not only provided the promised champagne, but they made a homemade rum punch, and a hydrating juice, and gave us hors d'ourves as well! Could not have been happier.
    View All 146 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Island Tour
    The botanical gardens were beautiful and the guide there was very good, but overall the tour was underwhelming. It was difficult to understand our primary guide and the bus was hot.
    View All 191 Island Tour Reviews
  • Kayaking
    Great kayaking tour of Labadee! Wonderful guide, a lot of fun and a cool way to see the village.