Pride of America Cruise Review by Time^Sense
- Sail Date: December 2017
- Destination: Hawaii
- Cabin Type: Inside
- Embarkation, I tried to check in around 12:30; yet, the staff insisted on carrying my luggage to my room while I refused. They insisted and I let them at the end. But as I walked up to my cabin, it wasn't ready yet. The staff could have mentioned it as the reason, perhaps?
- Dinning room - I ordered 2 or 3 main entrees and asked for them to be appetizer size so that I can sample; but that didn't work. The food still come in a big portion. Other ships from other lines I was on were able to do that.
Service sometimes are slow as it took me 1 1/2 hour to finish a dinner one time. Not that I was in a hurry, but I sat for a bit long. While you think this might have something to do with the number of entrees and appetizers I might have ordered, I can only say that same dinning room, sometimes it was fast and efficient while other times were at snail pace.
Also, some waiters seemed indifferent about their clients. I am no king, just comparing to others in the same dinning room on the same ship, not even other cruise ships from other lines I was on before.
- Aloha Cafe - saw food on the floor being kicked around a number of times for around 15 or so minutes before someone swept it off the floor.
- Food in general - sometimes a bit salty. Had a clamless clam chowder. Wait, how come there was clam on the 1st night when I had the clam chowder but not on the 4th night? There were also a bug jumping out from my salad too. It escaped to no where real fast.
- Room - no water in the middle of the night? And when there was water, it was luke warm? At times, the flush didn't function in the room.
- Safety drill - I was out on an excursion after dropping off my bag on the ship. The safety drill took place when I wasn't there. Fine. Was wondering how come no one made an effort to ensure that I know what to do in the case of an emergency.
While the above seemed negative, the overall experience in other areas weren't that bad at all. The above examples all happened only once, except for the water and flushing ones. It's just missing a bit here and there in a few corners. Average, not exceptional, but not disappointing either. For this itinerary, it's still worth using this product, in my opinion.
- Read more Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America Review
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Volcano National Park & Hilo Waterfall TourGet to see lava, walked through the lava tunnel thingy. Don't really care about the rainbow fall though. But overall, a very fun experience.View All 93 Volcano National Park & Hilo Waterfall Tour Reviews
Waimea CanyonThis is majorly cool. Saw the crater, it was beautiful.View All 104 Waimea Canyon Reviews
KonaJust walked around a bit. But it was a rainy day. Not very enthusiastic about doing anything in general.View All 321 Kona Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Kona Cruise Port Review