3. Pride of America
Just came back from a 7 day Hawaiian cruise with the Pride of America, here are my comments.... - Embarkation, I tried to check in around 12:30; yet, the staff insisted on carrying my luggage to my room while I refused. They insisted and I let them at the end. But as I walked up to my cabin, it wasn't ready yet. The staff could have mentioned it as the reason, perhaps? - Dinning room - I ordered 2 or 3 main entrees and asked for them to be appetizer size so that I can sample; but that didn't work. The food still come in a big portion. Other ships from other lines I was on were able to do that. Service sometimes are slow as it took me 1 1/2 hour to finish a dinner one time. Not that I was in a hurry, but I sat for a bit long. While you think this might have something to do with the number of entrees and appetizers I might have ordered, I can only say that same dinning room, sometimes it was fast and efficient while other times were at snail pace. Also, some waiters seemed indifferent about their clients. I am no king, just comparing to others in the same dinning room on the same ship, not even other cruise ships from other lines I was on before. - Aloha Cafe - saw food on the floor being kicked around a number of times for around 15 or so minutes before someone swept it off the floor. - Food in general - sometimes a bit salty. Had a clamless clam chowder. Wait, how come there was clam on the 1st night when I had the clam chowder but not on the 4th night? There were also a bug jumping out from my salad too. It escaped to no where real fast. - Room - no water in the middle of the night? And when there was water, it was luke warm? At times, the flush didn't function in the room. - Safety drill - I was out on an excursion after dropping off my bag on the ship. The safety drill took place when I wasn't there. Fine. Was wondering how come no one made an effort to ensure that I know what to do in the case of an emergency. While the above seemed negative, the overall experience in other areas weren't that bad at all. The above examples all happened only once, except for the water and flushing ones. It's just missing a bit here and there in a few corners. Average, not exceptional, but not disappointing either. For this itinerary, it's still worth using this product, in my opinion.

Mixed feeling

Pride of America Cruise Review by Time^Sense

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Inside

Time^Sense’s Full Rating Summary

Inside
Cabin ID
I had a friendly staff. Room was clean enough.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins