3. Carnival Vista
My wife and I flew into Ft. Lauderdale a day early and enjoyed a short stay at a local Hampton Inn and enjoyed the local seafood. Our Hampton arranged for a pick up at no charge. Food was good but overpriced. We took UBER to the port of Miami for $29.00 which was a deal. This was our 7th cruise wit Carnival. The Carnival Vista is a massive ship. The Embarcation was very smoothe for this size ship. Save your money on Faster to the Fun for this ship. They have it together! Debarcation is set up in stages. We rolled our bags out very easy. Dining on the Vista had some problems. Clearly (as I had read) they have cut back on the amount of wate staff. It made every meal long and the food was not as good as the Magic we cruised on 2 years ago. Food was most of the time lukewarm, but as usual the chocolate melting cake was KILLER! Room service coffee was never hot and very strong. There is more to do on this ship than you can believe. Matt our cruise director kept everything moving. Kudos to everyone in the Red Frog Pub and the excellent coffee stout beer. Erin was fabulous in the Ocean Plaza keeping everyone entertained with great trivia. Make sure you take in the Sky Ride for the best view of the ship above the 12th floor. I forgot to mention we had perfect weather. Three minutes of rain on the ship and 2 minutes on one island. We did the Hummer golf cart excursion in Grand Turk and it was more than we expected. You explore a large part of the island via modified golf carts and the guides are a hoot. We learned a lot of history and was exposed to the local flare. Our guides pointed out many of the sea inhabitants and made it very fun. In La Romana we took the all inclusive beach day with food and drink. This was very relaxing but be aware you only have a certain "area" of the beach you can visit. The guide does not make this clear and the Wyndam Resort members seem to shun folks wh do not speak Spanish. Curaçao was beautiful downtown with plenty of shopping and we were lucky to meet up with friends who were in Curaçao diving. Near the Fort make sure to eat at Steak & Ribbs at sundown. Service was slow but it doesn't matter with the great view. In Aruba we opted for one of the local safari rides that explored about half of the island. The price was only $20.00USD each and well worth the money. Be advised of bad shocks on the truck and it does get a little rough. I want to add the Vista was the cleanest ship I have cruised on yet. New automatic hand washing machines and plenty of hand sanitizer machines. If you are a beer drinker you will enjoy the brewery on this ship in the Red Frog. With the huge amount of guest on the Vista they do a great job of moving folks quickly. It was the easiest debarkation of all 11 cruises I have attended.

Pre Christmas Getaway

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by RayzorD

Debarcation is set up in stages. We rolled our bags out very easy.

RayzorD’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 9426
Our cabin was exactly as expected. We had a good experience with our steward Saputra and the room was kept spotless. This room is only two cabins from the short hall to the elevator. There was no noise and we moved through the ship with ease. Loved the balcony for early morning coffee. Understand there is added noise due to the slamming of the balcony. We were careful and it would catch us off guard on occasion. As I read on a previous review there was an occasional sound that sounded like thunder. This could have been the IMAX.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins