3. Viking Sky
Very new ship, luxuriously appointed. Staff service is superb. Rear of ship with a pool that has a glass rear side view of water is great; they call it "infinity pool" but it's not what I think is an infinity pool. The main pool is very weird and small. Cabins are nice and modern. I think the atmosphere is what I would call an attempt to be very sophisticated and snobbish which is not my cup of tea; they have tea time every afternoon with everyone trying to push their small finger out. I like the Celebrity atmosphere better. Buffet is very small compared to Celebrity's. The included flight itinerary was awful. In addition on the day of our departure, we find out during checking in for the flights, that our entire departure itinerary was changed without any communications. We had to be at the airport over four hours earlier than was already communicated and was in our cruise booklet from Viking. We had several events planned that had to be canceled. The initial passport station at the cruise terminal was also pretty bad. Everyone had to stand in very hot sun outside the building. The table to check the passport was right at the entry door. Once we got in, it was clear how unnecessary this was since the area was huge and could easily hold hundreds of people in a line out of the sun.

Impeccable ship and service, weird main pool but great infinity(?) pool in rear

Viking Sky Cruise Review by aljudy

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean

Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
Dear aljudy, Welcome home from your voyage, and thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review of your cruise on board Viking Sky. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and found the service to be superb; however, we are disappointed to hear that there was a lack of communication regarding the changes to your flight schedule. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your comments with you directly. In order to address your concerns and valued feedback, please send your booking information to TellUs@vikingcruises.com so that we can connect you with a seasoned Customer Relations Agent via phone call. We look forward to hearing from you, and wish you a lovely New Year. Warm regards, Viking Cruises
aljudy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

I think all cabins have a balcony. They are very nice and very modern. However I find little difference with our Celebrity cabins.