3. Norwegian Jewel
This was a 14 day cruise with a great itinerary - lots of ports to visit in New Zealand. Seamless embarkation with no wait at all and disembarkation was equally quick and easy. The ship's entertainment crew member, Gabby, was responsible for the solo singles get-togethers, amongst her many other duties, and she was absolute fantastic. All our group concurred. She made a huge difference to our enjoyment level. The service by other staff members was also of a high standard. Reception staff, I.T internet cafe, the dinning staff, the excursion crew and the other entertainment staff genuinely surpassed service I have encountered on other cruise lines. It is surprising what a huge difference service can make! The ship is older than most other cruise ships but it was very clean and the dated lounges etc. didn't make a big difference to the overall enjoyment. I believe it will be going in for a retrofit in the next year or so. Evening entertainment was superb as were the shore excursions. Lots to choose from and their "Free at Sea" make the excursions more affordable. The excursion crew were somewhat disorganized and this often resulted in groups leaving the ship late for excursions. One was as late as 45 minutes - due to on board staff (not on-shore contractors) The only average or slightly below average was the food. It was institutional, boring and not as good as other N.C.L. ships. Unless one ate in the fine dining (surcharge) restaurant, in which case the food was better quality with more variety. Overall, this was the best cruise I have been on. Thank you N.C.L. !!

Great trip in Australia and New Zealand. The staff and service were excellent

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by ecofriendly

Overall, this was the best cruise I have been on. Thank you N.C.L. !!
ecofriendly’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Family Inside
Cabin I1 9017
Quiet, everything worked, clean, conveniently located. Great cabin steward.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Christchurch City Tour
    Long but satisfying. Good assortment of activities, luncheon venues etc.
    View All 34 Christchurch City Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    Two of us jumped off the coach half-way thru and shared a taxi back into the city centre to try and save what was left of the day ashore. Best decision we made as the downtown core was more interesting to wander around on one's own than the neighbourhood offered by the coach tour.
    View All 31 City Tour Reviews
  • Taieri Gorge Railway
    Brilliant. Spectacular. Well worth it. I would do it again in a heart-beat. Highlight of my trip.
    View All 53 Taieri Gorge Railway Reviews
  • Winery Tour
    Enjoyable experience irrespective of whether or not one enjoyed the wines themselves. Good food supplied at venues.
    View All 11 Winery Tour Reviews
  • Lord of the Rings Walking Tour
    One would have to be a fan to truly enjoy this experience. I thought I was, but I found this tour 80% boring - surpisingly so.
    View All 20 Lord of the Rings Walking Tour Reviews