3. Ruby Princess
There are many good and interesting itineraries. I choose a date to coinside with my work being closed. Also, I keep in mind that I am traveling with an aged parent and both of us are struggling with health issues. So the flight down to Los Angeles from Vancouver Canada is a short 2 and a half hours. With all of our cruises, we always fly the day before the cruise. this helps relieve the stress. It is winter, one never knows what the weather is going to be doing. Last year, mom and I did a short cruise to Cabo and back. This cruise would take us to two additional ports. Places that we have not seen before. We have sailed on the Ruby before. There are several of the ships we have sailed on a couple of times. This year we wanted to make sure that we were not rushed or stressed. One excelent option now is the Princess ez-air. Book everything with Princess. We chose to fly down the day before and return the day after the cruise ended. We spent a half day at Disneyland before and after the cruise. We stayed at one of the Marriott properties on the Friday and on the Saturday of our return we stayed at the Embassey Suites in Anaheim. We used Prime Time Shuttle to get us from the Airport to the hotels and to and from the hotels to the cruise ship terminal. My mother had pre requested wheel chair assistance. In Los Angeles a princess representative takes you to check in and through security. Then to a holding area. There you wait for a member of the ships crew to take you on board. Yes it takes a little longer. But it is the safest way if a person has mobility problems. We had one of the rooms with a belcony. For two persons, there is plenty of room. But note, I am a former Princess employee, so I know the size of a crew cabin to compare. As I am a night supervisor for a Resort in Canada. I tend to notice maintenance issues. Not to bring anything against the ship or the hard working crew that take care of her. A few of the things were taken care of quickly, others were looked after over the week of our trip. Debbie who was our cabin stewart, is a supper star. she was a help. She worked around us. As mom was recovering from a medical problem. she opted not to get off the ship. So she spent more time in the room. Debbie was around to give help. One of the things about a cruise, you choose to do as much or as little as you want to do. My favorit activities are the fruit and vegtable carving and the martine making demonstration. Watching events like ring toss or the trivia games. There is always more to do or see than can been done in 7 days. Dining was very good. I know that many will say the same about their wait staff. We choose traditional dining and the later seating. Our waiter Vangie is the best. Her choices as what was best to eat for any given night were very good. Oliver our Junior waiter, he worked so hard. carring those heavy trays of food. We had good table companions. It is always so sad to say good bye at the end. It is excelent staff, that make the cruise. We had some good weather and some not so good. We are on vacation. You can do nothing about the weather. Puerto Vallarta our first stop. It was sunny and hot. I did the "hidden Mexico and Traditions" It was a good tour. Got to see parts of Mexico away from the city. We traveled in a large converted truck. We went through a small town, then drove up a partly dried river bed up the mountain, then to a private home to see how toria's are made from scratch. Then we are taken to a restaurant at the sea shore were we are given more food and a little free time to wander on the beach. Note this tour is very bumpy. You are bounced around. But it is fun and educational. the next port was Mazatlan. I took the "Estuary Cruise and Tropical Birds". I love birds. You get a chance to see many differant water type birds. Harans, pelicans and turkey vultures. You transfer from a boat to a tractor pulled trailer and travel along a beach to the restaurant. you have some free time, before going back to the boat to make the short trip to the mainland and back to the ship. Our last stop was Cabo San Lucas. This was a very rainy day. I did not have a tour. I went a shore to do a little shopping and got soaking wet. But 2 hours after leaving Cabo, we were into sunny weather again. This trip was very good. It went by so quick. The shows were good. The juggler was good. The comedian was good and family friendly.

Mom and son take a break

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by natkinson

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

natkinson’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE C107
The cabin is of good size for two persons. Lots of room to move around. The cloth closet area is of good size and large enough that a person can get changed without disturbing the other person. The bathroom is a shower and toilet. Not to large, Our belconey was larger than what we have had on other trips. The T.V. is about a 25 inch. A writing desk and two chairs. They have the new matteresses. They are nice, but very high. Mom with her problems with her arm and being shorted had a very difficult time getting in and out of the bed. could have used a stepping stool.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins