3. Navigator of the Seas
Honestly, this trip was a huge wash for my wife and I. We went here to celebrate our Honeymoon with her family, and we couldn’t be more disappointed. Let’s start at the check-in and boarding process... In effort to ensure no sick individuals are boarding the ship, RCI has everyone fill out a health form. This is great in theory; however, it wasn’t consistent across everyone who checked in. In fact, it was so inconsistent that I’m currently sick with a flu (cold) along with my wife, her brother, and someone else we met on the cruise. We’re 99.9% sure that the person who got us sick was the little kid in the elevator on the first night of our cruise. Glad to see the forms actually worked. (/s). Once we were boarded, we found a gecko crawling around our room. The staff was very quick to point fingers and say we brought it in with us on our luggage. (Which, never mind the fact we dropped it off with the porters, it was apparently OUR fault). It took nearly five contacts with the front desk and our stateroom attendant to finally have the gecko removed. After that, it took an act of congress to even be considered for moving to a new room (which we didn’t for the next reason)... The overall cleanliness was a joke. Our couch was stained, and the floor was very worn. The smell was faint of mildew and the balcony door was nearly impossible to operate. The alternate room we were offered reeked of foundation and makeup, to the point where I could taste the foundation in my mouth. The overall ship’s cleanliness was below other lines - dust collected all over various fixtures, and it was very easy to see through the glass elevators. The only person at guest services who cared the slightest was Lisa Vale. Lisa went above and beyond by offering us one free dinner at a premium restaurant. She mentioned she’d let the cruise director know we were honeymooning and we’d see what they’d do. (Spoiler: nothing). The elevators on this ship are a complete joke too. They need to reprogram the elevators hard core. Currently, the elevators operate in a “first in - first out” approach. Meaning, if you’re on floor four going up, the elevator coming from one to ten will not stop at your floor unless someone has hit four. Bad design, needs reprogramming and overhaul. All in all, I have nothing nice to say about the ship. The food was mediocre, the sanitation was a joke. The cleanliness was laughable, and the overall experience was horrible. I will never book with RCI for any reason, period.

Dirty ship, slow internet, and elevators need serious reprogramming.

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Pros599