3. Stella Australis
The Stella Australis cruise was breathtaking. I boarded from Ushuaia, saw Cape Horn, Eagle Glacier and Magdalena Island (which I refer to as Penguin island) before arriving in Punta Arenas. By far my favorite part was seeing the hundreds (maybe thousands!) of penguins on Magdalena Island. They don't have fear of people, so we were advised to yield to them as groups of penguins pass along the walking trail. I had never seen a glacier before, so that was another highlight of the trip. The brilliant blue and turquoise color that radiates from the crevices of the glaciers is pretty remarkable. You can't catch it completely on camera. All the sights from the cruise were beautiful, the background information provided for the day trips was comprehensive, and the staff was extremely welcoming. In particular, if you sail with Felipe, Lorena or Carlos, you are lucky! The climate is unpredictable, so pack prepared for sun, rain, wind and cold all in the same day.

Stella Australis - Stunning glaciers, adorable penguins & fantastic staff