3. Norwegian Breakaway
Getting on the ship was wonderful. No lines, no delays, no problems. Until we looked at our account. There were three people listed on the reservation. There were only two of us. Went to the desk to solve the issue. Guest services on this ship is AWFUL. They are rude. After waiting in a long line, I was sent to another long line. The passenger on the cruise before ours was never checked out properly. We had a great first day. Unpacked, napped, saw the welcome aboard show, and ate at Le Bristro. Day two.......Trivia, nap, games, nap, dinner, show, casino Day three.......Orlando. I had the $50 excision deal. I chose to do Disney Springs. I had heard going to DisneyWorld was tough due to time. We arrived an hour late. Disney Springs was great. There is no charge to get in. It is shopping (unique stores), restaurants galore, music, and fun stuff to do. LOVED IT Day three.....Great Stirrup Cay Do not try to get off first. Let the masses deal with it. Relax....wait until you can just hop on a tender. I did the snorkeling excursion. I was disappointed at first, then I found the reef. I saw tons of fish. day four......Nassau. I am not a fan of Nassau. I have been here many times. People bugging you to buy junk. Offered drugs by every taxi driver. Chose excursion to Zoo. This is not a zoo with lions, tigers, and bears...oh my. Mostly to is exotic birds, reptiles, and such. There is a lot of hands on. Your can dance with flamingoes, hand feed parrots, get a kiss from a cockatoo. The drive also gave us a city tours. I thought it was great for the cost (with excursion package) Day five....at sea. Played in the casino. Got addicted to a slot machine. The casino staff on this ship is the best. Friendly, fun, and professional. Day six....Costa Maya. Due to a medical emergency, we had to skip this port. We went to Cosemel. Cozumel was a tourist trap. Nothing impressed me. We had to walk from the ship on a pier. It was very dangerous. The wind was so bad. People had to cling to each other to not fall into the water. The port or the ship should have had crew there to help people. One family's child got caught by the strong winds. The child fell near the edge. It was very frightening Day seven.....Grand Cayman. Very rough water. We were not sure we could port. Another ship decided not to port here. We took a trolley tour. The tour hostess let three very large woman join our tour. They were NOT booked on the tour. We were smashed into the trolley. We had a flat as we started. Not the tours fault. It happens, but we were so smashed in the seats. the tour was nice. I enjoyed it, but was VERY happy to get off the overbooked tour. It was Sunday. Everything closes on Sunday. So there was nothing to do after the tour. Day eight.....Jamaica. Went tubing. Excellent time. Fun-Fun-Fun. Beautiful scenery. Mostly a lazy ride. A few wild times. The tour guides were fun and helpful. After the tubing we went back to our van. Our driver, Jr McKnight was smoking pot with some other drivers. He appeared very high. Everyone saw this. He then drove us down narrow, steep road with a cliff on one side. He pulled over once for a guy selling pot brownies for $5. Day ten-eleven-twelve were at sea days. We tried most of the restaurants.Le Bristro was not good. The food was very salty. Escargot was topped with a strange bread crumbs. It was my favorite.....NOT now Moderno's salad bar continues to be the best. The meat was salty and dry. dessert....YUMMY Cagney;s is the best. The food is excellent. Lamb chops were the best. Steaks were good. Service at all the restaurants was good, but not friendly. The guest services on this ship is the worst. We had several issues. They had a third person listed in our room. They lost all our reservation for dinners. Luckily I had printed them. They still refused to honor them. I asked for a different pillow. I was told they do not have a pillow menu. The pillow in my room was huge. In the past I always was given a new one. I always tipped the deliverer. We had a charge on our bill for liquor that was not ours. I was told I had to prove it was not me. First......we do not drink. Second.........we get free drinks if we wanted them. Third....... we were on an excursion at the time. I finally tracked down the bartender. He looked into this. It was not us...a simple error. But I had to spend a lot of time on this. Our bathroom door was broken. We request it be fixed. We were told tomorrow. Tomorrow.....nope. We spent hours dealing with this. They finally set up an appointment with maintenance. Maintenance never showed. We finally fixed the door ourselves with olive oil and duct tape. I also had a massage package. GemMarie was good but she was in a big hurry. The massage was fast. There was a hard sell at the end of the massage. The love the Breakaway. For all the negative (mostly service) there were positives. Excellent entertainment. Best casino staff. lots to do. I love all the trivia and game shows.

Western Caribbean

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Louise1595

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Inside Stateroom

Day two.......Trivia, nap, games, nap, dinner, show, casino

Day ten-eleven-twelve were at sea days.

Service at all the restaurants was good, but not friendly.

Louise1595’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Family Inside Stateroom
Cabin I2 12639
This is a handicap room. The bathroom was large enough to handle a wheelchair. The room is an excellent location, BUT a huge negative.....There is a button outside the door the activates a strobe light (Hearing impaired) and a vibrating feature that shakes your bed and the phone.
People walking by kept pushing the button. This happened about 7 times a day. Often at 3AM. Very frightening for a disabled person.

Our room had a horrible urine smell. The bathroom door was broken. We requested to have it fixed. No luck. We finally fixed it ourselves .

Worst room stewart ever. very lazy. Did as little as possible.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins