3. Prinsendam
Thirty day cruise to the Amazon River from Port Everglades. Passenger load 716, average age 71, most friendly and helpful crew of any previous cruise. Cozy atmosphere with plenty of public space, quick and easy and to get around the small ship. Not really advertised as a senior cruise, but being 30 days we were all older and there was none of the me-first problems that occur which the younger more aggressive crowd. Entertainment was acceptable but not the quality found on big ships. Also, fewer on-board activities compared to big ships; I enjoyed the Microsoft technology lab; many readers enjoyed the large well stocked library. But just adapt and enjoy the more quiet small ship atmosphere! To me, a welcome shortcoming was no constant loud music around the pools... horray for quiet time! The Crows Nest offers a great view and a place to relax and Enjoy a discounted drink during happy hour. Our first time on Prinsendam and would definitely sail with her again. We learned that many other passengers we repeat Prinsendam guests.

Small ship atmosphere

TheLowes’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Prinsendam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin C 214
Comfortable size room with ample furnishings; temperature control excellent. Ample size bathroom, shower in bathtub, good ventilation.
Main Deck Outside Cabins