3. Disney Wonder
We are a couple in our early 30s, no children, we don't drink, love Disneyland and Disneyworld but we are not hard core fans that watch every single Disney movie. We chose Disney as our first cruise mainly for the good review and service. Embarkation was great, friendly staff once you are inside the terminal, the porters outside were very rude. They don't work for Disney though. We waited about 10 minutes to get the passport checked and headed to the ship. It is great when they announce your family and make the experience a little more special. The Sailaway party was kinda lame but alright, if you don't have kids you can skip that. Dancers were bad... i think the kids had fun though. Our room was clean - not spotless but reasonably clean, we had an inside stateroom which was larger than we thought. The whole ship looks pretty new, except for the Triton restaurant that still look like in the 90s. Food was excellent (except for the first night which the duck was really chewy) and we actually cancelled our Palo reservation because the food was good and we don't see the need to splurge more. Entertainment is lacking for adults only cruisers, there are 2 hot tubs that were constantly occupied, I don't like sitting in there with strangers. The water was too cold to swim. The adult only section was really quiet, I don't know how Disney does that, good to sun bathe and read a book. We tried to attend all the free activities but we don't fully enjoy the Disney Trivias because we are not hard core Disney Fans, we couldn't guess the song names / movie names by listening a 5 second clip. Shows were great except the juggling show, that was very lame as well. The Magic guy, Ventriloquist and country music guy were great! I fully enjoyed the Frozen show as well. The ports were alright, Nassau was terrible, you can skip unless you want to buy diamonds and rolexes. We did a Jet Ski tour that was great (not through Disney), rented a bicycle on Castaway Cay, nothing too special but I would recommend. We don;t have kids so we stayed at the serenity bay. The Barbecue was awesome, I took 2 bags of Lays chips on board as snacks. Overall I would do it again but my next cruise would be Royal Caribbean so I can compare the entertainment options. This is not a cruise for adults only unless you are a big Disney fan.

Have to be a real fan to truly enjoy the cruise

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by idezzire

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Standard Inside Stateroom

idezzire’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Wonder price drops

Standard Inside Stateroom
Cabin 11C 2713
We feel some vibrations during docking (Bad enough to wake us up) but overall is good as we booked the cheapest category.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins