3. Viking Sky
I have been passionate about Mayan History since I was little. I loved their rounded calendar that shows an understanding of the infinite nature of Time. I chose this cruise because I could visit Mayan ancient places in Belize and Mexico, that included Cozumel, a sacred pilgrimage location dedicated to the Goddess Icthel and Chizen Itza, a protect UNESCO Heritage site. Everything about the cruise was well above expectations: Sky is beautiful and spotless. Every inch of space in the staterooms is smartly used. The entire crew is fantastic. Entertainment is abundant, talented and professionally done. We had an Embassador and a resident Historian presenting lectures on political History of the region and on Mayan and Aztec History. Beautiful artwork is all over the ship. I loved the little museum detailing Viking History on Deck 2. Ocean views everywhere and every passenger has a balcony. Drinks with meals are plentiful and free. We were greeted with champagne when boarding twice! Food is fresh and locally sourced. Gelato is made on board daily. Although I exercised daily and used as much ch restrain as I could muster, I still gained a few pounds. The crew is happy and report better treatment than in other cruise lines such as shorter contracts and free WiFi. I enjoy myself better when I know the people waiting on me are also happy with the job they’re doing. Shopping on board is interesting. A lot of very high quality jewelry, watches, fashion, perfumes. All tax free. On shore excursions are well organized using new buses and very knowledgeable local guides. Two of them were Mayans, so the insightful information we received about the sites was top notch. The only downside: I wish we had more time visiting the sites. Overnight stay at Cozumel and Progreso would be the best approach. And a warning: when buying any kind of bags in the Nordic shop, make sure they don’t contain extra merchandise. That’s where they keep their extra inventory. I learned that the hard way.

My First Time Was Magical

Viking Sky Cruise Review by PlanetJumper

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean

PlanetJumper’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

My first impression was “this is small” but I soon realized we had plenty of space. The spotless stateroom has a comfortable killing no size bed, a desk a sofa and a small center table. Spacious closet with auto light. Plenty of space in the bathroom that come with high quality toiletries and a retractable clothes line in the shower stall. Viking also offers a launderette and iron, free of charge on all decks.