3. MSC Divina
The worst ship by far on its size: 1) DARK inside, the dark colors dominate 90% of all public spaces, no light places, no cheerful colors, decoration was horrible and many spaces of the ship are literally empty, while they could have put a small bar there for instance. 2) Food: TERRIBLE. Service: HORRIBLE You have NO choice of free seating. Either you go 1st or 2nd seating. I was 1st starting at 06.00 p.m. and I went there at 07.00 p.m. (the 2nd guest seating was starting at 08.30) and they told me "we can't serve you; you are late and we are closing for the 2nd guest seating"! They were closing an hour and a half before the 2nd group was about to be seated! I protested strongly about it. NEVER again with this cruise company... The buffet: always the same and the same food, every day, over and over again The only good thing they had to serve was pizza... I must admit their pizza selections were great. Breakfast: They had 1 cook with 2 frying pans making omelettes for breakfast, trying to serve some 3.500 guests; I guess that says it all. Have in mind that the buffet after lunch, literally works at 30%. All you can find to eat is pizza, subs, some fruits and some deserts. Worst of all, they start CLOSING DOWN several sectors of the buffet, restricting your access to them. As a result you end up in a hall where the tables are full and you try to find a seat while your "food" is getting cold. The "Black Lobster" has GORGEOUS salmon dish but the rest of their food is dry, not tasty at all and not well served. The stuff has not been helpful at all. Most of them are from India or Phillipines, moody and frowning. 3) Besides the two main restaurants the rest of the places you could go for a decent meal were with pay. 4) In general this cruise makes you feel as if you are in the era of segregation. It divides its ship according to the passengers. The V.I.P. persons got their areas yet they can visit any part of the ship. The rest, the... plebes can not access quite a few areas. Add that to the restaurants where you have to pay to get into and see what is left in the whole ship to stay/visit/pass time. 5) As of the stuff: I was amazed by their indifference. They rarely smile, they don't salute you, they don't live up to serve you. I got the feeling that you were a burden to them rather than a passenger, a person they couldn't see the time to get rid of. You don't feel a guest but somebody that they do you a favor being there for you. 6) Their balcony cabins were EXCELLENT. The only problem is the constant bad odor the toilet bowl had; you couldn't fight it, neither you nor the room cleaner who btw was a TRUE PROFESSIONAL. The ONLY CREW MEMBER that I gave a tip and in fact I gave her more than just a tip for she deserved it. 7) VERY BAD distribution of the public areas. Not too many options, they are located on 2 decks all in all, very few bars. The 2 discos WORTH their money; being there and enjoy your time there, is something that will make you have a good time. 8) Drinks are good yet the add you on top of the price an additional fee (I can't remember how they call it). As if you are paying... tax on each drink. I heard that they use this to pay their stuff members and I am wondering so $1.75 per drink they pay their stuff and the rest $7.95 (that their drinks are priced) what? Goes directly to the company's pocket, right? The company never loses, right! Yet you are the Guinea Pig that pays for their stuff... 9) The bar servers bother you and bug you all the time in the first couple of days trying to sell you Drink Packages. You eat and they come to sell you packages, without respecting that you want your tranquility, that you are eating, that you are there to get some rest and not buy Drink Packages. You feel as if you are in an All Inclusive Resort where they try to sell you timeshares... 10) The shows are by far the best we have seen so far in the whole industry. I give them credit for it. 11) Pools and jacuzis were well distributed, spacious and the only thing you enjoy being at. 12) On decks 6 and 7 outside of the shops and in alleys and in part of the cafes there were tables where the shops were selling their merchandise! Something like a constant bazaar. What are the stores for? I was wondering... No respect to the guest that want to CRUISE and not to get the feeling that he got on board a floating... FLEA MARKET. I had read some negatives reviews before choosing this cruise company. I should have paid more attention. It turned out to be they were right and in fact not strict at all; my experience with this company showed me that things were worst than described on the past guests reviews. In one word: NEVER again with MSC. Not even if they pay me to go with them, I wouldn't think about it...

WORST cruise ever

MSC Divina Cruise Review by jorgecarol

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aurea Balcony Stateroom
The worst ship by far on its size:

2) Food: TERRIBLE.

Service: HORRIBLE

The buffet: always the same and the same food, every day, over and over again

jorgecarol’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Aurea Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B3
Cabin was great and the room keeper Maria Elen Plastina was a TRUE professional. I believe that a promotion would be the least she deserves because she was 5 levels above everyone else I 've ever met on this sector of a cruise ship. That is why I tip her generously at the end of the cruise.
She should be promoted.