3. Viking Jarl
Almost everything was the best. The MAJOR deficit was the bed and bedding. The bed mattress was the absolutely hardest I have ever had on any ship and the bedding was the worst! They provide a "comforter" that does not tuck into the bed but sits on top of you! I, finally, got a blanket that we could tuck in and then the bedding worked. I have a hip socket and a pinched neck nerve that progressively got worse as each night passed. I will NEVER go on this type of ship in the future. Crew was exceptional other than the concierge, who was a matter of fact man who did not engage with anyone that I saw. Gave information and was simply there to do a job. Chef and food was exceptional, portions were small and wonderful. The Chef many times engaged with patrons and was fun. Special request that were not too crazy were accommodated. Cruise Director was great and funny. She kept patrons laughing and informed. In the past, we always had someone in each city come on board for entertainment, but Viking has done away with that for some reason.

Great Crew and Food

gttexascruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Jarl price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 307
As above, the bedding provided is less than BATES MOTEL! If you have any joint problems, I advise not being on these "luxury" ships. Mattress is so far below passing as to classify them as dangerous!
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins