• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Nov 2009
Cabin:

Love and Marriage on the Legend

Our only daughter, Wendy, was married on 11/22/09 aboard the Legend. I'm also a disabled traveler, so my review will be based on those two factors. She picked the Legend because of its location and the date - she's a teacher and her new husband is a Naval Corpsman, so they didn't have lots of choices. If you're thinking of getting married on a cruise ship, Carnival's a good choice.

Before I begin, I'd like to make a few comments on the line and the ship. I didn't know what to expect based on comments I'd seen, but I didn't feel the dEcor was too out there. I felt that the Unicorn could've been laid out better (and it would have been nice once during the week to have HOT oatmeal instead of tepid), but it was kind of nice not having to ride my scooter all over the place to reach everything. The elevators were PHENOMENAL. Rarely, if ever, did we have to wait, and people were very gracious about making room for me and my scooter - in fact, everyone was very friendly all week. Possibly it was because Nascar Nellie (my scooter) was all dressed up for the wedding and they noticed, but all week long people commented that they'd seen our daughter in her wedding dress and she was so pretty - just what a mom wants to hear about her only daughter! Thank you everyone - we love you all!

Cabin 8G

We had Cabin 6234, designated as a handicapped-accessible cabin: if you have a wheelchair or scooter in Cabin 6234, you're in trouble - there's no room for it. Also no sofa, just 2 chairs and a small table. The balcony is incredible, but you have to be prepared to step over a 4-5" ledge. Minimal storage space and only 4 hangers, so bring some with you. This is the worst cabin we've ever had onboard any ship - and smaller than an inside cabin on Princess! The balcony, however, is superb...perhaps you can sleep out there!

It's located near the 6th Floor Aft elevators, an excellent location. Watch out for the cabin stewardess...she leaves a lot to be desired!!!

Find a Carnival Legend Cruise from $314