3. Norwegian Epic
We chose this cruise for the price and the itinerary. We had not been to Great Stirrup Cay or Ochos Rios before. Due to weather, the Epic would not allow their tender boats to go ashore at Great Stirrup Cay and the weather sent us and a Carnival ship to the the opposite side of Cayman Islands. We spent the Cayman Island day playing on the slides while the kids on board were on shore and we LOVED Playa Mia Resort in Cozumel. This was our fourth NCL cruise (we’ve cruised 9 times) and this was not our favourite ship. The crew was amazing and we hear the shows were great. The food is always good! We just do not like the layout of the ship. We felt there weren’t enough windows to the outside in the main meeting areas like Maltings and the Atrium. There was also no observation lounge which is always a great place to sit in inclement weather (which we had 3 days of on this cruise). Also, I am (the wife) 5’ 9” and unless you put your head up against the headboard, your feet hang over the end of the bed in the cabin (very weird) and you may not like that the toilet and shower are across from each other and you have a curtain to pull across separating that area from the rest of the cabin (especially if you are travelling with family or friends that your not comfortable “sharing” that type of layout with! We are doing the NCL Bliss for the Panama Canal in May for 5 nights so are hoping we like this one; I am sure we will. We did the Gem out of San Juan, a 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the NCL Spirit and a 14 day South America cruise on the NCL Sun. Loved all of those ships! We bought 4 Cruise Next certificates on this cruise. Used the last 3 we bought in just a year and a half and they give you four years to use them. Overall, we had a good time, met lots of Cruise Critic and FB Group friends and are easy to please for the most part. By the way, this site would not allow me to post my review without choosing activities my children participated in and we did not bring any children.

Amazing Crew as Always

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Ken and Audra

Ken and Audra’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Large Balcony
Cabin B6 9013
Large balcony although this was our “guarantee” balcony so it was a large port hole versus a glass front (not a big deal for us though - same size opening other than steel at bottom vs. Glass when sitting in chairs). As mentioned in review, I am 5’9 and feet hung over end of the bed if you did not move right up to the headboard. Shower and toilet across from each other with a curtain to pull across to separate them from the rest of the cabin. This may be an issue for some people traveling with others they would not like to “share” this arrangement with.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins