3. Seabourn Encore
We cruised from Singapore to Sydney to experience the ship rather than the Itinerary as we had sailed this section 3 years ago on the Odyssey. Overall the ship was not of the highest standard possible. There were a number of rust spots on some of the pipes above our balcony which had left a stain on the balcony wall. This stain remained the entire cruise. One of the emergency exit signs fell off the wall near the whirlpool on deck seven and lay on the ground for 3 days until we advised an officer doing a deck inspection. The sign was not affixed to the wall but sat on top of the fire hose box and then fell to the ground again. A number of the towels in the pool area had rust marks on them and at least one towel in the gym had a hole in it. Somebody clearly is not doing their overseeing job correctly. We started by eating breakfast and lunch on the lower deck of the Colonnade. The service down there was that poor that we eventually left. The service on the upper deck was much more efficient. Clearly the waiter on the lower deck was just waiting to get to Sydney to finish his contract. One night I ordered green beans with my dinner in the Colonnade only to be informed that they had none, yet there was a green bean salad the next lunch day and we had not been to port in between. Similarly I was severed a Chocolate Pot de Creme with out the cream and there was supposedly no Malibu Rum on board from 2 days after Singapore. Again somebody does not appear to be doing enough supervision. My cabin robe had a stain on it from spilt food day 1 and was not changed for 17 days, 2 nights we had no chocolates on the bed at night and one time change was not done on the cabin clock. Again I point the finger at poor supervision. The breakfasts were continually overcooked and meat was of a various degrees of finish. We both ordered a dish medium, one came burnt the other dripping blood. When I raised this with the Executive chef he said that was not possible and wanted to put the blame on the waiter. After having Julia Gillard on board as a guest speaker who is Chairperson of Beyond Blue the "comedian" the next night proceeded to make jokes about a subject which is a major cause of depression in older men. The same "comedian" sat near us at dinner and proceeded to harass each waitress that served him. Shore excursions were ridiculously expensive. I broached most of these subjects with senior officers with no response and also in my post cruise survey to Seabourn. I am yet to hear from Seabourn.

As a seasoned Seabourn cruiser this trip was not up to Seabourn standard.

Seabourn Encore Cruise Review by mcdonaldg

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Trans-Ocean
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

Shore excursions were ridiculously expensive.

I am yet to hear from Seabourn.
mcdonaldg’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seabourn Encore price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin V3 615
Generally excellent but see comments above.
Deck 11 Suite Cabins