3. Norwegian Epic
I was told by one of the porters that this tub is for sale and NOBODY cares anymore...it shows! There are too many negatives to cover this without writing a book, so I will just spotlight my biggest complaints. We missed the first port...their "private island" because of a gale...not a biggie...been there done that. BUT we had to spend three solid days at sea on a broken down slop scow! The slots spewed money for the first three days. I have never seen looser slots in my life. First night on one machine...over $1100.00. Second night, same machine...over $1200.00. Third night...same machine...almost $1000.00. Then they were closed downed and rebooted. I actually stood back and watched them pull the brain from my machine. For the remainder of the cruise, that machine offered a negative balance on every hundred dollar's bet. The food was deplorable! I got cold food on three occasions. We waited for over an hour to eat at the Manhattan restaurant. I ordered a medium rare steak It was super well done...yesterday...stone cold when I got it! On the second night I ordered chicken parmesan. Again, cold. Third night, my baked potato would not melt butter. I was told that the ship's galley is near the front of the ship. "If you want hotter food, you should try some of the eateries at the front of the ship." For the rest of the cruise we ate at the cafeteria style buffet. Much better that the dress up, sit down places! Still NOT great food. All in all, the worst cruise food I haver witnessed. I ate better food in the Navy! The free food on board is prepared in the one galley near the bow...so to get hot food you best eat close to the front of the ship. OR pay additional for your meals to be fresh cooked at the pay to eat restaurants aboard. We paid for our tickets by card, online. We paid the gratuities up front and upon accepting the contract, there is a $13.99 per day per person service fee added to the total on a per day basis aboard the ship which I was not told of! I checked my account on the in cabin TV and discovered the charge. I complained to customer service and they immediately credited my account for the $195.86. It's a hidden charge and you don't have to pay it! Actually, you are paying more than you agreed to in the advertisement. I was told by one of the cabin attendants that they didn't receive any of the service charge money. By the way...when the lady asked me for my cabin number, I told her that I couldn't remember it. She replied, "You have two more days to learn your cabin number!" To which I replied..." I am a published author. My IQ is over 150 but I was born with Dyslexia. What is your excuse for being so rude!" Finally...the public restrooms were NASTY!!!!!! The men's urinals had a puddle three feet back from the wall. It smelled to high heaven! C'MON MAN! Mop! Our cabin carpet was as old as the ship and had BROWN stains all over it. Our next door neighbor's toilet was not working properly and it smelled badly. One of our neighbors was complaining about having to go to the public toilet because her's would not flush. The one bright spot on our cruise was our room attendant. He worked very hard for us and made a special effort to please our every request. Therefore, he received a major portion of the refunded "service fee" as a Christmas present.

Take your vacation cruise somewhere else!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by ifixships

ifixships’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Aft-Facing Balcony
Cabin B1 9293
Cabin was located directly over the screws. One of the propellers obviously was damaged or out of balance for some reason. BEAT my brains out while trying to sleep at night. Also the cabin next door was undergoing a makeover...while the guest were in it. Lots of banging during the day...NO TV during that time.

Credit where credit is due. Our room attendant was the best thing about this cruise. Very nice and very attentive to detail. He received a major part of our service charge refund for his great work!
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins