3. Pearl Mist
Price does not buy you quality on this ship. This was the most expensive cruise we have ever taken and we were so disappointed by many aspects. There are some positives of a small ship and that is a more intimate experience with fellow passengers and a certain relaxed atmosphere however many negatives in that very little is offered such as no shop, spa, fresh coffee, bar, walking deck, workout machines (they had a very poor area with 4 old machines), below average and boring entertainment but the worst is the movement in rough seas. We had flying objects coming at us in our room and when getting a coffee from a machine and then the breakfast table ended up in our laps as the boat swayed from side to side and my chair slid along the carpet! Many objects ended up all over the floor in our room. Our room was quite roomy but very dated and just OK. Nothing special. Lets talk about the food or lack thereof!! This is the first cruise that I have ever experienced being afraid I would not have enough to eat (and I am not a big eater) and found myself hoarding oat bars in my room and heard from another passenger that she was doing the same. The food was overcooked and so dry that it was inedible, the meat so tough and full of gristle that I couldn't eat it. There was no fine dining and absolutely no finesse. The portions were often so small (4 bay shrimp as a starter with a piece of lettuce - I am not kidding). Some meals were just ok and some were absolutely disgusting. Tea and hor d'oeuvres were appalling - beyond comprehension. At our first lunch I asked for a cappuccino after dessert and was told I had to get it myself out of the machine on the 2nd or 4th floor. Leave the table, go and get my own coffee made from a machine with powdered milk which had sugar in it and come back to the table! The brochure and the itinerary were incorrect and false, we were lied to. The floors and carpets were constantly damp and wet - I thought I was imagining it and then my socks and slippers would be wet! The whole experience was flabbergasting. It was so unbelievable that it was comical and gave us and our friends we were traveling with much laughter because the alternative was to cry!! I have to write that most of the staff were amazing - very helpful and attentive but they can only work with the tools and ship they are given. I would never cruise with this company again. Way overpriced for what you receive and in fact I would not even cruise with them if they offered me money

Choose a Different Cruise Line

Pearl Mist Cruise Review by VanessaK

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Cuba

Our room was quite roomy but very dated and just OK. Nothing special.

VanessaK’s Full Rating Summary
Get Pearl Mist price drops

On the roomy side but very dated with wet and damp carpets and nothing secured so when the ship started rolling in rough seas everything went flying