3. Radiance of the Seas
The pro's: Embarkation and Disembarkation- the fastest, easiest ever in 30 cruises ! Food- excellent, some of the best meals ever Restaurant Service- excellent Room Steward- excellent Ship- very good layout, easy to get around, still in very good shape for its age Bar Service- excellent Ship staff- all were very good, friendly and very helpful RCCL excursions- excellent, very organized Theatre shows- ship band was fantastic as were the entertainment brought on board (see below) Rooms- very clean, nice rooms considering the ships age (see below) Negatives: Casino- the slot machines were all very old, not much variety Theatre Shows- we found the RCCL singers and dancers to be only average Room- *see below OK, now for the biggest issue we had. This is really a double edged sword and it is to do with our room. Let me begin with our desire to have a nice big balcony, on the port side for the sailing counter-clockwise around New Zealand. For this it was amazing !! we had a fantastic view of the snow covered mountains and great views for most of the cruise. For this we booked room #7094, so all seemed good. This was until we found out that there is some sort of either dance party or live band every night of the cruise in the main attrium until 11:45pm and even midnight a couple of the nights. LOUD !!!!!! Now, I'm all for a party/dance etc but, when some of the mornings that you need to be up before 6am for excursions it was tough trying to get a good sleep. To be fair, we would have had no problem if the parties ended by 10pm and I think that is reasonable for everyone. There are so many other venues they could have had the late night dances in. Even the disco on the top deck (no rooms anywhere near) had nothing planned for several of the nights. I find it hard to believe RCCL hasn't done anything about this because we weren't the only ones that felt this way. Overall we had a great time and would do it again in a heartbeat......just next time we would have our room in a better location. If considering this ship or cruise go for it !! You won't be disappointed. This would have been a solid 5 stars without the noise. I'm attaching pictures of the balcony and room as when I was searching before we left I really couldn't find many.

Excellent ship/crew/food/cruise.....for the most part.....but

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Jubes

The pro's:

Embarkation and Disembarkation- the fastest, easiest ever in 30 cruises !

Food- excellent, some of the best meals ever

Restaurant Service- excellent

Room Steward- excellent

Bar Service- excellent

Ship staff- all were very good, friendly and very helpful

RCCL excursions- excellent, very organized

Rooms- very clean, nice rooms considering the ships age (see below)

Negatives:

Casino- the slot machines were all very old, not much variety

Theatre Shows- we found the RCCL singers and dancers to be only average

Room- *see below

Jubes’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

Massive balcony, very good views with no obstructions. Room is great for 2 people, bathroom needs updating, still has the old curtain that everyone hates. Lots of storage, new TV, a decent room.
  Radiance of the Seas Deck Plans