3. Costa Victoria
I picked Costa Victoria because she is the only vessel that arrives in Penang in the morning. Most market areas are open early in the morning and most traditional shops close by early or late afternoons. Food is good(lots of seafood) and value for money as compared to my recent experience onboard Diamond Princess and Sapphire Princess.I think Costa Victoria has a more experienced kitchen team. Food is available 24hrs a day in different parts of the ship. Onboard activities were less varied.Service from the different dining restaurants were top-notch.My only dissatisfaction is the drinking water.It tasted salty during my stay. There was no TV entertainment in English. I rang the reception to confirm there was no movie on TV. Every channel was in mandarin when most of the passengers are from India. There is an onboard app which can be downloaded before we board the trip. This app allowed me to ring the cabin, communicate with other passengers when we are in different parts of the ship.It's free and we could find the whereabouts of our family members in the ship.

Value for money if food is your concern.

Costa Victoria Cruise Review by AsianBohemian

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Inside Classic

AsianBohemian’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Victoria price drops

Inside Classic
Cabin IC
I took a cabin that comes with a bunker bed pulled down from the ceiling. The ceiling was too low for me. There was an electric kettle in my inside classic. This was a pleasant surprise.
Butterfly Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins