3. Norwegian Epic
I chose this cruise for 2 reasons. 1) they have cabins with rates for the solo traveler. and 2) the itinerary ORIGINALLY was to islands I had not been to in many years. Unfortunately due to Huricanes Irma and Maria the itinerary was changed to Nassau and western Caribbean ports I had been to recently. You make it what it is and I did enjoy Jamaica as I had not been to Dunns River Falls and the Jamaican Bobsled Run and rainforest. The Freestyle dining approach is different and I have always enjoyed having the same waitstaff every night. On balance the food was great as I opted for the Specialty Dining Package 4 venues for $99 including gratuity. considering what I spent in each t was a great value. Cagneys Steakhouse is great and the steaks are tender and the truffle oil infused fries are yummy. I would have spent $55 there alone with all I had. Teppanyaki hibachi Grill is a great dining experience and again the entertainment value plus the food is good too. I wasn't impressed with La Cucina as I lived among Italians most of my adult life. The Calamari in the seafood pasta was chewy but the fried calamari appetizer was fine. Go Figure! They need to add Cannoli to the desert menu as long as they fill the cannoli right before serving. I opted to use my last Specialty dining for Cirque Dreams Dinner and show. You have to pay $29 for the show but it would have been $50. It's a fixed menu venue but it was ok. The other shows I attended were Burn the floor at the Manhattan Main Dining room at 5:30. It is not publicized to the ship except for those in The Haven and the Studio Cabins. So check in to it when you arrive on the ship. The other show I saw was Priscilla "Queen" of the Dessert. If you like Broadway level productions it's a must see with great costumes and fast set changes and good music. If you don't approve of a show with drag Queens in it then this show is not for you. The comedy Club was also great at the Adult Late Show. The negative for me was the unavailability of American Sports. The weekend I left was a HUGE College Football weekend, but all they showed were Soccer and cricket. Lame excuses from the staff. I'd say 90% of the guests were from the USA with many wearing their teams logo'd apparel at embarcation. Management had best change their ways when it comes to the NCAA Football Playoffs and further on into the spring the College basketball season and Tournament or they'll receive even more complaints.

The good and the bad

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by iahawkize

iahawkize’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Studio
Cabin T1 12254
The plus for me as a sol traveler was the Studio Cabin and Studio Lounge where you could grab a quick continental Breakfast complete with espresso, cappucino or lates in the morning and a bartender at Happy Hour 5-7. The ALSO bring in the Entertainment co-ordinator to arrange group dining and shows ( with priority seating!) Clarissa was Awesome for us.There is even a white board for messages. The cabin though small was adequate as I only used it to sleep and change.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins