3. Sapphire Princess
We loved the itinerary and the tours were wonderful (except Malaysia but that was because the ship had a mechanical problem so we didn't get to Malaysia in time for any good tours). My cabin steward was excellent - the best ever - Robert on the 10th deck. Embarkation and disembarkation so very smooth. That was the pro's. Now for the con's - the ship is in dire need of restoration - our air conditioning didn't work well at all - we had it at the very coolest level and we still were too warm. The dining room staff in the Pacific Moon were for the most part not very good. It seemed that they were not happy with their jobs and it showed in their service. No one ever came and asked how we were doing during the meals like they used to. On this ship they acted like it didn't matter how they treated us because they were going to get the tips anyway. No real incentive to serve. The most disappointing thing was that only once did they have good dance music where there was a dance floor. There was a wonderful piano player and singer who played near the piazza most nights and we would have loved to dance to his music (the last night there was a group of us that did end up dancing in the aisle and really enjoyed it). He also did play one night at the Wheelhouse (where he should have been most of the time as for the one and only time the dance floor was filled with dancers). Also the other piano player played one night at the Wheelhouse and my husband and I were the only ones dancing because people had given up on finding a good dance place. On our other cruises the Wheelhouse was always the place to go for good dance music and it was always filled with people. That was my biggest disappointment as that is one of the things I always look forward to. Also disappointed that there were no Enrichment Lectures like they usually have. (Do not like all the shopping lectures). Also the accounting for our bills were terrible (I had gift vouchers and yet I was always charged for the item and then had to spend so much time in long lines to get it right - the long lines were because it was happening to everyone. Also when I got home I have a charge on my card for $600 more than what my bill was and now I have to call and try to get that straightened out. On the Pro side - the CS people were very sweet and understanding. The food was not as good as previous cruises. I heard that the ship has been chartered out to a Chinese company and if that is true then that would explain why it didn't measure up to all of our other Princess Cruises. In closing - even though there were many cons - the itinerary made it one of our most favorite cruises. We had never been to Asia and we loved it so we did come home delighted with our vacation.

Pros and Cons

barjolov’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sapphire Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD C709
Air conditioning didn't work and even after they sent a repair man it still wasn't right.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins