3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
I recently took my wife on our first QM2 cruise. I list 10 positives and three negatives, but the overall ratio of good to bad was far higher than that. We definitely plan to go again and made a future cruise deposit. Ten Best Things About My QM2 Voyage • The crew, who were almost unfailingly polite, cheerful, efficient and available when needed. • The public areas of the ship, which, with the exception of King’s Court, rarely felt crowded, even on a sea day with the decks closed. • The musicians, especially the Dixieland concerts. • The dancing in the Queen’s Room. • The peaceful, well-stocked library, which features outstanding views. • Afternoon Tea, although what virtually amounts to another meal is hardly what I needed! • Room service breakfasts. • The bar/wine service at dinner. • Catholic Mass every day. • The shrimp linguini served at dinner the first night. Three Areas for Improvement • Excursion dispatching and tender operation in St. Lucia. I understand there was an initial delay beyond Cunard’s control, and I make allowances for that. But the organization left a lot to be desired. For some reason they chose to provide stickers with numbers that were not unique to the excursion, instead using a combination of number and color. Most of the colors seemed to be orange, peach, rose, pink or coral, but what could go wrong? They must have been boarding a lot of non-excursion passengers, because it took forever to get called. Then, our tender pilot had a great deal of difficulty docking and our 9:00 excursion (for which we had to report at 8:15) didn’t actually start until 10:15. When waiting to return we once again witnessed a docking procedure I can safely describe as inept, because the next tender docked without difficulty. And is there some rule that prohibits loading two tenders at the same time? Note that all of this relates to St. Lucia. I have no issue with the decision to scratch Antigua due to the conditions. • Dress code compliance, particularly in the theater and the pub. • Cunards’s website. It is full of inaccurate information. I could cite five instances, but I’ll spare you. It also requires six fields each time to log into the personalizer. Who else requires more than two or three? And the “one time” consent screen must be acknowledged every single time. So, I had to vent a bit, but this was a fantastic experience.

Can't Wait to Go Again

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by 57eric

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony, sheltered

Ten Best Things About My QM2 Voyage

• The musicians, especially the Dixieland concerts.

• The dancing in the Queen’s Room.

• The peaceful, well-stocked library, which features outstanding views.

• Room service breakfasts.

• The bar/wine service at dinner.

• Catholic Mass every day.

• The shrimp linguini served at dinner the first night.

Three Areas for Improvement

• Dress code compliance, particularly in the theater and the pub.

So, I had to vent a bit, but this was a fantastic experience.
57eric’s Full Rating Summary