3. Royal Princess
My husband and I (66 & 65) had not had a vacation this year. I love Princess, so I booked this cruise before I knew any of my/our teams would be in the playoffs. As a result, we missed all the games because they did NOT have all the normal TV channels. That being said. We left the day of the cruise on a direct flight to FLL. Everything went just great. We picked up our luggage and got a taxi to the port for around $20.00. We were early so we did have to wait awhile. Being Platinum, we were taken to a lounge and served water, juice, coffee, etc. and given small size pastries. We were allowed in our room, put our bags down and hurried to the buffet. We had a balcony, but being honest, we never sat on it, just looked out occasionally especially before bed. Everything was great. On a Princess ship, one thing I love is that the waiters bring your drinks even in the lido deck. This is great service. The Royal Princess is a beautiful ship!!. It never seemed crowded and we were always able to find a table or spot to sit. The Plazza is the best I have seen--large, and great place to hang out. Dining -- We chose anytime dining because we enjoy meeting new people and the two of us eat every meal together at home, so this is a treat for us. International cafe and the Italian place were good places to eat. The Gelato shop was my husband's favorite! I enjoyed the breakfast in the dining hall, but dinners were not really that good. Room service was fast and good and always free on Princess. The pool grill -- I almost never eat hot dogs, but these were really good!! Pizza and hamburgers were good, too. Entertainment!! WOW! Mark Preston was really great. This made our cruise, I would choose any cruise based on if he was scheduled to be on it. He is that good. There were two really good comedians. However, the guitar player and piano player comedians were okay, better than average. I did not see any of the production shows. The band in the Piazza were really good, we listened to them most nights, also the violin player was wonderful. The service was wonderful!!! We did not drink any alcohol on the ship for many reasons. But the bar tenders did not seem to mind at all when we ordered a Coke and they did ask if we would like a drink. As we had been to all the island numerous times, we did not take any shore excursions, but instead found our way to a beach or a beach bar. In St. Thomas, it was Megan's bay. In Grenada it was Mongue Rougue beach (a great beach, $20.00 each way by taxi for the two of us). In Martinque, we took a tour, but the driver said he spoke English, but that ;;was a lie. In Bonaire, we hung out at a bar just to the right of the port. Actually at the water taxi to Klen Bonaire (no facilites) you can water taxi to Coki or Eden Beach for a small fee. I will do that next time. In Curacaco, we just walked to town as we had toured there before. The cruise ports on the itenary were all very good. Disembarkment was very organized. All in all, a great cruise.

10 day adventure

Royal Princess Cruise Review by patmama

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean

The service was wonderful!!!

Disembarkment was very organized. All in all, a great cruise.
patmama’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Cabin E403
Cabin was fine. Actually above average in size. Closet was roomy, shelves and drawers were adequate. As I stated earlier, we really never sat on the balcony but there was enough room for two people.
  Royal Princess Deck Plans