• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Norwegian Getaway Review

Editor Rating
8 Awards

Worst service out of over 25 cruises!

Review for Norwegian Getaway to the Western Caribbean
myloverofcruises
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2017
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom

We were a group of 8 friends traveling together. All of us have cruised before and we all agreed this was the worst service ever! Stood in line for drinks at bars, restaurant service was beyond poor. One night we were in the restaurant for over 3 hours waiting for food. FInally left without the coffee. Forget ever having it served WITH dessert! The room steward never made up the room before 3:00 in the afternoon. And we always left the light on that said to please make up room. Once he didn't come back at night. Had to go out and find him and ask for fresh towels. When we arrived there were half eaten strawberries and Walmart water in the refrigerator. The only good service we had was at the specialty restaurants where you have to pay extra. It was so bad I even went down and asked if I could remove the prepaid gratuities, which I have never done. The answer was NO because they were part of our "package". When I told them how poor the service was, she just looked bored. NEVER AGAIN will I cruise Norwegian!! The shows were good, but only two that you didn't have to pay for. Went on one ship sponsored shore excursion and will never do that again. The ones booked off the ship were much better. This ship needs a major overhaul of staff!

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom

Cabin BB

The cabin was okay but no drawers and storage was poor. The balcony was TINY! The room steward was not good!

Find a Norwegian Getaway Cruise from $475