Regal Princess Cruise Review

Regal Princess Cruise Review by Bigsportsfan2

• Sail Date: Dec 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

After studying the other cruises/ships for months , I decided on the December 3rd 2017 7 day cruise to the Caribbean aboard the Regal Princess . Being my first cruise ever I wanted to splurge a little so I purchased the Club Class Mini Suite (( Cabin A426 )). Spa Treatments , Internet Package , All Inclusive Photo Package , Soda Package , Coffee Card , 4 Cases of Bottled Water , Specialty Restaraunt Dining In Both The Steak House & Sabatinis, along with much more.

First thing first . With Club Class you get priority embarkation . And I have to say , although this was my first cruise , and I have nothing to compare to it , our boarding went very quick . I would say that it probably took 20 minutes from getting off the bus , to actually boarding the ship. Therefore I'd give it an A+

As for our Club Class Mini Suite (( Cabin A426 )) I have to say that I was very pleased . Now I'm 6'2 290 lbs . And I was with my wife and my brother in law . We all felt comfortable with enough room . The ONLY exception would be the bathroom . little tight there. For our cabin I'd give it an A

As I stated earlier , I purchased some spa treatments for my wife. For her first Sea Day I purchased a pedicure & manicure package for her . She enjoyed them both . HOWEVER . They overcharged me ($15.00) , and it took me two visits to get it corrected . Was not at all pleased at this . Now on our second full Sea Day I purchased a Full Body Spa Treatment . My wife absolutely loved this , and they didn't overcharge this time . Now , Just to warn you, When we first boarded we decided to head on over to the spa to take a look at what my wife would experiencing . I have to say that the ladies/men that work in the spa were quit PUSHY . Meaning they were trying very hard,,,,almost at the point of being irritating and rude , to sell you stuff . As if my pre-paid $350.00 treatments weren't enough . I found it VERY ABNOXIOUS!! Therefore I would give the spa a F

Moving along now , For our cruise I had pre ordered a coffee card , 5 cases of bottled water , And a 5 pack of beer . Now I had pre ordered this many months in advance simply because it stated that it would be waiting in our room for us upon boarding . Well , needless to say they were NOT IN OUR ROOM WAITING FOR US .

I had to spend about 5 minutes on the phone before room service answered to have them deliver my items . It wasn't the end of the world , but it was a little inconvenient . Why pre order if the items wont be in your room ? Right ? Well , other than that , I have to say that room service was pretty darn quick . We ordered breakfast for our room , and had Canapes delivered each and every night along with a few burgers and 6 packs of soda . And room service was quick. I would give Room Service an A+

Specialty Dining . We had two specialty dining restaurants on board . Crown Grill and Sabatini's . We made reservations for both . First was Crown Grill , And I have to say nothing but excellence all around . Food was great , service was great , and the whole experience was just awesome . I would give Crown Grill an A+ . Now for Sabatini's . First and foremost I have traveled a lot , and have tasted many , many Italian dishes . And for me , Sabatini's was a complete fraud . I'm sorry , but the dishes were bland , and left you wanting something more . Service was OK , but there's something ackward when the chef comes out of the kitchen to laugh it up with the servers and point at folks that are dining there . Just doesn't sit right with me. Therefore I'd give Sabatini's a flat F .I would recommend that you bypass Sabatini's and go with the Crown Grill . In fact, Go to Crown Grill twice if possible . You won't regret it.

Our other 2 dining experiences were the Buffet , and our Club Class Dining . The Buffet was a buffet not much more to say on it . I was pleased with the options at the buffet , however my BIL was not. So all I can say is,,,to each their own . I'd give the buffet a B . Now for our Club Class Dining . If you can afford the upgrade then yes, I recommend it . But if not , don't worry , It was nice,,,,,,,but maybe not worth the price . My favorite thing about Club Class Dining is that there was never a wait/line like there was around the other dining places . Other than that , it wasn't all that .We had a guy named July that worked there , He was awesome !! Made our dining experience there. I'd give Club Class Dining a B

Folks , If you EVER took any advice , Please heed this . BUY THE ALL INCLUSIVE PHOTO PACKAGE!!!! DO IT!!!! This was hands down the best purchase on the ship . I had purchased the all inclusive photo package months before our cruise the price was $199 if you prepaid in advance . If you purchased it when you got on the ship it was $250 then . So I would pre pay at the $199 if I were you . Anyways , This was hands down a STEAL OF A DEAL . We ended up walking away with 232 professional 8x10's , and a mini Regal USB drive that had every photo on it. Every time you got off the ship they had their professional photographers there to get a photo of you , onboard each night they had a few locations to get some photo's . And on each formal night they had about 7 different locations , each with different backdrops . I would highly recommend this package !!! So in my honest opinion , this is the one package that is simply a must have . The package covers everyone in the cabin . So for me it was me , my wife , and my brother in law . Each night we went to the different locations , They would take a few of all 3 of us together , then one or two of me and my wife, then one or two of my wife and her brother. So all in all we got about 6 photos at each location . Look , bottom line is this , Do you have 232 quality 8x10 photos of you and your loved ones ? Well , I do , NOW. They even had about 5 funny backdrops too . Look , buy the all inclusive photo package............NOW!!!! I'd give this package an A+++++++

Alright , So this is my review , All in all I loved this ship . Sure , there was a few glitches , but what runs perfectly anyways ? I had a great time , great food , pretty good service , and one Helluva experience !!! I would highly recommend taking a cruise aboard the Regal Princess. I now have memories for a lifetime.

Thank You Princess!!

James P - Dec 3rd to Dec 10th - A426

Bigsportsfan2's Full Rating Summary

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M1 A426

Had a great time away from the human traffic . The adult cabana was peaceful and quiet . Had an outside shower , and an air conditioner , table , and 4 chairs inside. We enjoyed it. :)

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Don't recall the name of this excursion , But it was the only trolley excursion right outside the Jamaican shops . Cost $20 or $25 and took you through what seemed to be the slums , then stopped at a church so that you could make a donation . I'd stay away from the trolley excursion

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Tulum

Our tour guide Bety was an absolute delight . She kept us well informed , and entertained throughout the Tulum Tour . I would recommend this tour

Bigsportsfan2