3. Grandeur of the Seas
Price was excellent, driving distance to boat, easy on and off boat. That said with 6 cruises under my belt I figured I know a few things about cruising. A few. Don't beat me up diamond cruise club members. I'm working on it. Cleanliness on the boat is less than Disney as is entertainment. Great cabin steward, superb dining crew (Simona and Tushar this means you!) This was my first Royal Caribbean cruise. I quickly grew tired of the constant push to upgrade my dining experiences. No less than several times daily I was prodded to sign up for a special meal at various discounts. Anything from 15% off to 20..25...30...finally said yes at 50% off. That was worth the price to be sure. Giovanni's table was a hit as was Izumi's, the chops steak house left much to be desired. Nothing special about it at all. Good thing I bought that at a 2 for one special prior to cruising as well. Not having an ironing room was irritating. Disney can do it, I think RC can as well. $35 for a bag of laundry seems ridiculous. Drink prices, those fairly standard are ridiculous as well. As is the never ending auto gratuity of 18%. Found out that goes to a pool not the server giving the drink. Deceptive in my eyes. I would rather tip greatly those taking the best care of me.

Definitely a slower pace, older passengers

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Amberbunny

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
Amberbunny’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Small. As in really small. Significantly smaller than entry level Disney room. I think by 30 or 40 sq feet. Tiny shower, no tub. Disney has excellent tubs and showers. Toilet kept filling the bowel at odd moments and overflowing. Staff was attentive but obviously this brings the ick factor. Excellent cruise for disabled. Large disabled group on board and staff seemed quite attentive.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans