3. Carnival Inspiration
We are a family of four, myself (48 yo), my husband (47 yo) and DD (11 yo) and DS (8 yo) Here is the run down of our trip: Day 1 - Embarkation at Tampa Arrived at cruise terminal at 10:30 and were checked in by 11 am. Boarded at about 11:40 am. Once onboard, we headed straight to the buffet. Wandered around ship, acclimating. Got into cabin at about 1 pm. We had an outside, E50, which was tight for four, much tighter than on the larger Carnival ships, but we managed just fine. Got soda cards for DH, DD and DS, along with 3 insulated cups. Watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on the in-room TV. Once the pool and water slide opened, we went there. Lounged and read while the kids played. Already had registration forms filled out for Camp Carnival, so we didn't have to stay for the orientation; just dropped off forms. We had late dining reservations. Dinner was in the Carnivale dining room. Our waiter was James and our Ass't was Putri. Our Maitre'd is George the Greek. He's a blast. OPA!!!! Day 2 - Day at Sea I won a trophy in a Word Twist contest during breakfast!! Kids played in pool and in the waterpark. They loved the waterslides, both the curvy, two story slide and the side-by-side racing slides. DH and I lounged and read on the desk. Camp Carnival was fun. DD did Pineapple race and DS did Steal the Bacon. Dinner was Formal night; service was excellent. Day 3 - Grand Cayman I slipped on the desk on the way to breakfast. Feet went right out from under and I slammed head on deck. Had to go to infirmary. No major injury, but I was sore the next day. Did the Caymen Pirate Encounter, which was great. DS and DD both jumped off the top deck of the pirate ship. Went to Guy Harveys for lunch. Fish and Chips were great. Hadn't brought credit card, so we barely had enough to pay (we were actually 20 cents short!) Dinner was good, though one of the people at a table got a pill (white round 234) on his dessert plate. Waiter brought it to head waiters attention. Profuse apologies. Day 4 - Cozumel Went to Nachi Cocom beach club. Gorgeous beach. Once again, were almost short on money. I forgot there were two fees still due, one for the entry fee and one for snorkeling. Incredible day. Wonderful food, great water. Went snorkeling, just the four of us in Glass Bottomed snorkel boat. Saw a sea turtle. Great guides. Could have stayed longer, the snorkeling was to be for 2 hours, but the kids were tired, so headed back to beach. DD and I did banana boat ride. Ran into a nice lady from message board, who got engaged right there, while at Nachi Cocom. Good night in the casino. DD was out until 3:18 am at the Late Night Party. Day 5 - Day at Sea Rain/clouds all day. Lounged around cabin, wandered the ship, ate too much, played some in the casino. DD went out and about to the pool and waterslide with her new friends. Great night in the casino. DD got to watch Mommy and Daddy play blackjack. DH won $55. Day 6 - Debarkation We checked our bags; self assist at Tampa tends to be very slow, since so many folks are local. Our luggage tags were number 9 and we were called in the second group. We were in the car by 9:30 am, pulled into our neighborhood at 10 am. Overall, a wonderful cruise. Don't miss Nachi Cocom, it's fantastic.

Inspiration 11/21/09 - 11/26/09

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by babebutters

Overall, a wonderful cruise. Don't miss Nachi Cocom, it's fantastic.
babebutters’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Cabin E50
Small for a family of four. One upper bunk folds down, then a cot is under it, basically on the floor. Have to climb over adults' bed to get to the window, or step on the cot. Not noisy. Great location, right off the main lobby, but not too close.
  Carnival Inspiration Deck Plans