3. Oasis of the Seas
Went on the 1 night naming cruise/Make-A-Wish fundraiser. We have cruised a ton - both with and without the kids. This time it was just us with another couple. The Oasis is HUGE! But of course, you know that! Overall she is a beautiful ship, with tons to do for all members of the family. Some overall impressions: 1) Loved the Aqua Theater - while it was broken on our night, I am sure that this will be a major attraction. 2) Central Park - very pretty, but not sure it is needed...overall felt like a waist of space. Perhaps on a full week cruise I would not feel that way. 3) The ship is VERY "self-centric". Everything about it makes you center on the ship itself, as opposed to the sea. For example - when you sit by the pools, you face the center of the ship, and the other pools...from the chase lounge, you can not see the water - at all! While I am at sea, I like the nautical nature of cruising - seeing distant islands, watching the boats go by, etc. On the Oasis, you lose that feeling of being "at sea". Instead, you truly feel like you are at a resort - that just so happens to move. 4) In comparison to it's size - very few windows. Yes, you are outside at the Boardwalk and Central Park - but you feel a little "tunnel like". 5) LOVE the casino - big, roomy...and 1/2 of it is SMOKELESS!!!!! YEA! 6) You can't be bored - comedy club, jazz club, ice skating, casino, show room, karaoke bar, English pub, Latin bar, showroom bar (dazzles),piano bar/Schooners, Aqua Theater ... and I don't think I listed 1/2 of the places that you can get a drink and be entertained.... 7) Nickel here, dime here...multiple coffee bars, cupcakes, ice cream, candy, bears, seafood shack, fancy restaurants, Johnny Rockets....I understand that these are all revenue drivers...but wow..... Overall - this is a great experience. But - I am not sure that it makes a great "cruise". It strives very hard to be a great land based vacation - and if that is the case, are you better off (and is it a better value) to go to a great resort - like Atlantis, Vegas, Aruba, etc.

Make - A - Wish...it came true!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by idjaffe

• Sail Date: November 2009
  • Destination: Nowhere
Went on the 1 night naming cruise/Make-A-Wish fundraiser.
idjaffe’s Full Rating Summary