3. Silver Shadow
The itinerary was the number one reason we chose this ship, followed by the size of the ship and what it had to offer. The accommodations were outstanding and our butler went above and beyond in service and attentiveness. Our room maid was also outstanding and always had a smile on her face. Ports of call were very good except for Caines where I wish we had spent two days as there was so much to do and we could not possibly do it all in one day! Same could be said for Sydney Australia and had there been a two stay we would have continued on with Silver Shadow to New Zealand. The food was superb and never a "lack of"! After a few days, the staff became aware of who we were and started to refer to us by name - a very nice touch. Only two negatives I have are the dress code and the fitness facility. After 40 years of wearing a jacket and tie, I like to dress more casual - sports shirt, slacks, nice Bermuda shorts, etc. when going out to dinner or evening events, Therefore I avoided most nights where a jacket and or a jacket/tie were required. In today's world, a more casual dress code would be a "plus" and many other venues have adapted to this new more "smart" casual attire . The fitness facility is poorly ventilated and too small. It needs to be enlarged so more persons can use the equipment at peak times of the day. Other than that those two negatives we loved the cruise and would definitely look at another. ****I must add one further detail. One day prior to departure my wife and I decided we would book an Amazon cruise in November 2018. We knew it was the last day but wanted to take advantage of the discount. We went to the "future cruise" office only to find we had to wait as there others in front of us. We understand that but when a person came up - went into the office and then sat down for a few minutes beside us. The cruise consultant came out and told us this person had been in earlier and would take him next. I then came to the conclusion that waiting in line (over half an hour) has no standing with this cruise consultant and a potential sale came first - little did he know we were ready to sign up. Would that have changed things? As a result, we are having our cruise company look at other offerings for the Amazon. We may end up with Silver Seas but why not see what others have to offer now.

Just the right size of ship

Silver Shadow Cruise Review by derekdcdd

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

Only two negatives I have are the dress code and the fitness facility.

derekdcdd’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Shadow price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin V1 709
All we could want in a cabin
Deck 5 Suite Cabins