3. Koningsdam
I wanted to try the Koningsdam cruise because I had heard from friends that it was a lovely, new ship. I was worried however about the size of the ship and the prospect of being with over 2.5 thousand as I enjoy smaller size and numbers. However, within 2-3 days I felt increasingly comfortable onboard. I never had trouble finding seats for meals and shows. I never really had to wait in line ups both on or off of the ship. I loved the food in the Lido. It was always diverse, appealing and tasty. I only ate in the dining room 3 times. Unfortunately when I went to the dining room for a surf and turf dinner, only the steak was hot and the rest of the food was like warm. Sometimes I encountered lukewarm food in the lido too. Overall though the food tasted great but I do like my food hot. Shows were ok but a few were wonderful. One World performed by the singers and dancers was so good my friends and I watched it twice in a row. Also loved the skinny German juggler and the man who did the Elton John/Billy Joel set. Abbafab was ok but the tempo of the music was way too slow and I felt the show dragged. Customer service was pretty good and the supervisor rocks. Cabin attendants were lovely and I also enjoyed the American Test Kitchen, the Tamarind restaurant and the Planet Earth shows in the Queens lounge. The captain was personable, impressive and Canadian, which is a good thing.

Nice ship experience in spite of the number of people on board

Koningsdam Cruise Review by pacobeau

Sometimes I encountered lukewarm food in the lido too.

Overall though the food tasted great but I do like my food hot.

Customer service was pretty good and the supervisor rocks.

The captain was personable, impressive and Canadian, which is a good thing.
pacobeau’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Koningsdam price drops

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VF 5153
Nice layout, comfy bed, excellent shower and quiet.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins