3. Carnival Conquest
My review is a little mixed. We had a really good time, but there were a few issues that I hope are solved soon. We arrived in Galveston the day before our cruise. We always do. It's just so much better than having to rush things. We checked into the Holiday Inn Resort on Seawall Blvd. The service has always been great. They let you leave your car in their lot and provide a shuttle service to and from the cruise terminal. We have never had a problem with their service. Embarkation- The fastest we've ever had. On board by 11:45 am and eating lunch soon after. Room: 9288 Balcony. The room was HOT the whole cruise. Carnival checked our air several times but evidently couldn't fix it. We slept with our balcony door open every night. I know that is a no-no but that was the only way our room ever got cool. Our shower water pressure was just plain weak. On the bright side our room steward was great. Main dining room: We changed tables the first night because the vibration in the back of the dining room was just too much. They graciously moved us to the front. The food was always good to excellent. Our waitress was new and it showed. Conversation was uncomfortable and strained. I hope she loosens up some. Point Supper Club: Worth every cent! The best Filet Mignon ever. All the food and the service was just perfect. A must do on this ship. Buffet: Food was varied and tasted good. They have the best chocolate chip cookies. The pizza is very tasty. The burgers are OK. Cruise Director: We've been on 25 cruises and we would have to rank Kyle as not that good. He lacks personality. Just wasn't very funny. Rather stand offish. The cruise director staff was not very organized and always seemed to be in a hurry and rushed thru activities. Stitch was the most enjoyable. Debarkation: The fastest and easiest exit we have ever experienced. We were in our shuttle back to the hotel by 8:45am. We were at home before noon! We will be taking this same cruise in January with my husbands sister. We are splitting the cost of a suite. We are looking forward to it. I will write another review then.

25th Cruise to celebrate 30yrs of marriage

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by cruisologist

• Sail Date: November 2009
  • Destination: Bahamas
cruisologist’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Cabin 9288 Balcony: Great view. The closet space was great. Our room temp. was hot. We were right under the pool deck so the sun kept our room uncomfortable during the day. Only had noise problem one night. It was the crew cleaning and banging things around at about 1:30am above us on the pool deck. I called and the problem was taken care of promtly. In the future I will request a lower deck. The lower decks seem to be cooler.
  Carnival Conquest Deck Plans